NIHL 1 Relegation Battle

Ocko

Thread starter #1
The Devils NIHL1 side are locked in a relegation battle in NIHL1 South. Should they unfortunately not stay up does anyone know what will happen to the whole set up? Surely we won't have two teams in the same league? Or can we?

Foxy

Can see a new can of worms being opened if that happens after what happened at the beginning of the season.............

Very sad state of affairs, will the top players stay ? doubt it, 1st year the div 1 side has not made the play offs ? spectators have dropped ? games have not been advertised as in the past ( devils main site ) , looking at the eiha stats it will be hard for cardiff to stay up,
what was said on here at the start of the season seem a reality now, :DWD

It does make sad reading as there are a lot of talented players on the ice whose dedication and efforts are impressive. Sadly though there is definitely "something missing"! I have followed ENL/NIHL for many years under Cudds "management". There appeared sense in there being a team of experienced and novice players on the ice. To watch some then be called up to the Elite squad was a proud moment.

Whatever the ingredients previously, the team was competitive and great to watch. I hope that relegation is avoided but given some of these teams have semi pro players I am not sure how the young players can compete.

Ocko

Thread starter #7
Looks like this is unfortunately a reality now.

Plunges things back to square one of the mess from the summer for the NIHL and older junior players.