No 26

Thread starter #1
I might be about 6 months too late but have just noticed that Brad Voth 26 has been added to the retired shirts photo on the website bottom left corner.

Is this going to happen in this rink or the new one.?

rocketbob

andydevils said:
I might be about 6 months too late but have just noticed that Brad Voth 26 has been added to the retired shirts photo on the website bottom left corner.

Is this going to happen in this rink or the new one.?
I seem to remember Paul Ragan suggesting that we would have a ceremony in the new arena.

Gaz G

I've heard rumours the big man is in serious training to come back next year.

Don't believe it myself but would be an interesting one.

Koop11

Voth is a Devils legend. It should remain that way. The only time he should lace the skates again and play for the Devils is for any testimonials. The retiring of his shirt is a perfect way to celebrate the great man’s contribution to this club.

voth26

thats what i usually think but and it is a BIG but, can you imagine having a fully fit, fully commited vother causing carnage on the ice again :lol: :lol: :lol:, at least you could be sure of a performance from the team. oh well back to sleep and my dreams lol

wildthing74

As the saying in sport goes "never go back". There aren't too many success stories for players going back to former clubs but I guess the Coopers bucked the trend!
I would prefer his name to be remembered with a smile I'm not sure a half fit player in his 30s could have the impact he once had?
He deserves a special night to celebrate his Devils career for sure though.

keep dreaming son, the officials stopped brad playing his game, witch lead to the diceplinary guys finishing him off with big bans. he simply can not play in this country.

Gaz G

redtilldead said:
keep dreaming son, the officials stopped brad playing his game, witch lead to the diceplinary guys finishing him off with big bans. he simply can not play in this country.
I certainly hope this post is not aimed at me?

Firstly I find the term "son" derogatory and the your spelling a shambles.

Brad played a number of roles for us, not only was he an enforcer but he contributed a hell of a lot of points.

That said i'm not sure if it would be a good move. I certainly give him a short term contract and see how he gets on though. He's game to fight anyone and would offer more of a threat than deeds or gimblett.

Gaz G said:
redtilldead said:
I certainly hope this post is not aimed at me?

Firstly I find the term "son" derogatory and the your spelling a shambles.

Brad played a number of roles for us, not only was he an enforcer but he contributed a hell of a lot of points.

That said i'm not sure if it would be a good move. I certainly give him a short term contract and see how he gets on though. He's game to fight anyone and would offer more of a threat than deeds or gimblett.
Well said Gaz and i would take offence at being called son aswell, Tell you what though i heard that Voth wants one last season at Cardiff and if it happens all well and good i say, it would be worth the season ticket price alone compared to some of the so called hard men we have signed, like Deeds, Frank etc

As much as I'd like to see Voth in a Devils shirt again I am worried he'd have a 'Schumacher' season. (I also agree the ref's wouldn't let him play anyway).

I think one last hurrah would be awesome I think, to quote the dark knight "you either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain". A testimonial or a shirt retirement game would be cool tho
:grin:

jimmy snels

if this is true id sign him now, see how it goes. we need a big body so if he took a while to get fit and get his touch at least he can still be an enforcer

sorry if any offence was taken from my rushed post , but none was meant, i just think the legend that is / was brad voth should be left in time and not be tarnished by dragging him out of retirement to try to live up to the image we all like to remember him to be. at the hight of his powers he was a coloses, brad has been out of the game for over a year and the last 2 seasons on ice where not the best due to a variety of reasons. so to ask brad to come back and show the league what we've been lacking is not fair on the man him self. do we realy want brad to come back and have it handed back to him by the new kids on the block, the olsons and lapines will love it and that will be the what everyone will remember of bad voth, he is a legend, let's have him stay that way.

voth26

redtilldead said:
sorry if any offence was taken from my rushed post , but none was meant, i just think the legend that is / was brad voth should be left in time and not be tarnished by dragging him out of retirement to try to live up to the image we all like to remember him to be. at the hight of his powers he was a coloses, brad has been out of the game for over a year and the last 2 seasons on ice where not the best due to a variety of reasons. so to ask brad to come back and show the league what we've been lacking is not fair on the man him self. do we realy want brad to come back and have it handed back to him by the new kids on the block, the olsons and lapines will love it and that will be the what everyone will remember of bad voth, he is a legend, let's have him stay that way.
lepine's not a new kid on the block to start, marsh beat him on saturday and so has olson quite recently, olson while maybe game to go with voth he wouldnt really offer much if he went at all?, you only need to look how quiet olson was when biz was on the ice. personnelly i dont think it will happen with brad returning although it would sell tickets if it were to happen but i think you would have some fans for it and some against it, pretty much the same response when he was fit and healthy and signing for us. what we need next season is a player LIKE voth who can/would dominate games and have the fear factor and have players looking over their shoulder on the ice

Ocko

In a way I hope he doesnt come back because I dont think I could deal with the emotion of another farewell Brad night!!

On a serious note we would always have to welcome him back, because he is a legend and although this is unlikely I think he would easily still have it.

Paul Sullivan

OT but apparently the buzzcut is actually the norm for Jeff. I asked Stu what he thought of it when I first saw it a few months back (when Piercey won player of the week) and he said when he played with him before thats what he had.
Apparently it was a surprise when the Loreal guy turned up in Cardiff :D