Nottingham This Weekend

Thread starter #1
So,

It has been a while since the last Nottingham game and we all know what happened.

Janssen decides to take retribution against our Captain for a bad hit he had carried out in the previous game. Now, I'm sure that regardless of pre-meditation Janssen did not mean for Tyson to be as hurt as he was in their willing combatant fight but what it the prevailing view of the situation between the two teams.

Are we now at a position where the matter is resolved and we move on or are Devils fans looking for similar retribution from one of our tough guys in return.

Have spoken to a couple of fans in person and I'm getting mixed messages as to what they want to see this weekend. For me, the two points gained on the night was more valuable than a fight where further players were thrown out. Overall retribution for me is to see Tyson lifting silverware at the end of the season as our Captain so two points this weekend off the Panthers is the priority, is this view the dominant one or are we expecting Salters to put Jansen in his place like he did to an unwilling Valabik?

I agree. Unfortunate though the outcome was for Tyson and the Devils, he was a willing participant who answered the bell in accordance with 'hockey code'. That should be the end of it until/unless a similar incident happens to one of our skill players.

august04

Given recent results and performances, I would expect the Devils to have been read the riot act this week and come out all guns blazing. Personally, I'd rather see us play a very physical game and hit everything that moves, instead of being hell bent on revenge. If that happens, he's likely to get involved anyway....will be interesting to see how we deal with him this time.

Have Hope#35

StevenBletsoe said:
So,

It has been a while since the last Nottingham game and we all know what happened.

Janssen decides to take retribution against our Captain for a bad hit he had carried out in the previous game. Now, I'm sure that regardless of pre-meditation Janssen did not mean for Tyson to be as hurt as he was in their willing combatant fight but what it the prevailing view of the situation between the two teams.

Are we now at a position where the matter is resolved and we move on or are Devils fans looking for similar retribution from one of our tough guys in return.

Have spoken to a couple of fans in person and I'm getting mixed messages as to what they want to see this weekend. For me, the two points gained on the night was more valuable than a fight where further players were thrown out. Overall retribution for me is to see Tyson lifting silverware at the end of the season as our Captain so two points this weekend off the Panthers is the priority, is this view the dominant one or are we expecting Salters to put Jansen in his place like he did to an unwilling Valabik?
That issue is now resolved... That doesn't mean to say there won't be a fight as it favours Janssen's game! Him and Hendrikx have already dropped the mitts twice this season. As long as we play aggressive whilst sticking to the boundaries of the game I'll be happy... The Win has to be the prime objective!

Earnie

The best revenge would be to take two points in regulation time.
I am sure that is the way Tyson would prefer it.
A full house, lots of noise , a hard physical game.

Wannabe2

Earnie said:
The best revenge would be to take two points in regulation time.
I am sure that is the way Tyson would prefer it.
A full house, lots of noise , a hard physical game.
Spot on mate.

bb1

Tyson had to fight twice over that hit! For me I would love to see Salters get sent out there to do a job on Janssen. Jansen is an energy player who performs his role superbly and in order to quieten him down I'd send a message by sending Salters out there. Dont forget he has nearly ended our captains career and the way it was done under the circumstances doesn't lie well with me.

If no one is going out to challenge Janssen then I certainly hope our guys flatten him at every given opportunity. Agree or not I'd hate to se my team mate and captain put out in that brutal manner regard,ess of what he did.

Our game plan should be to play hard fast aggresive hockey; Devils hockey. When we play that way and take the body at every opportunity, we perform well and win games. Remember Panthers do not like our small ice-pad and intimadatory bbt atmosphere. I personally would put Salters up against Janssen early in the first. Not anything to do with Tyson's injury, but purely as a hockey tactic. Might kick start Salters into a frame of mind to have a solid game. We need to play hard and aggressive!!! :RAWK

wildthing74

Why it was a fair fight but a sad outcome? We have to play the game and sod who's on the other team. If it was from a bad hit then yeah retribution would be likely but can't see how we need to go after Janssen.

I'm still pissed that Noble hasn't had to face the music as what he did on 2 occasions was worse as it was just dirty,cowardly play on both occasions though luckily nobody got hurt.

This game is massive and let's not get distracted by him or anybody else and just play hard and tough and get the win.

Wannabe2

We don't need to get into a retribution thing with the Panthers, due to the fact we don't have any imports as poor as him playing for us, so a trade off wouldn't benefit us one iota. However as what has already been said, we need to come out banging, playing high intensity hockey, be in their faces from the get go, and play the way we can play when we can be arsed. This is a huge game for both teams, and we certainly need to want it the most, this is the game that every player will need to go through a brick wall for his team mate. This is the game which will separate the Men from the Boys, this is the game where every player tells the fans why they are here, this is the game that together we show the rest of the league that we are the team to beat, this is the game that tells management why they should re-sign them. This is the game where every player can come off the ice feeling 10 feet tall if they really want to.

voth26

Wannabe2 said:
We don't need to get into a retribution thing with the Panthers, due to the fact we don't have any imports as poor as him playing for us, so a trade off wouldn't benefit us one iota. However as what has already been said, we need to come out banging, playing high intensity hockey, be in their faces from the get go, and play the way we can play when we can be arsed. This is a huge game for both teams, and we certainly need to want it the most, this is the game that every player will need to go through a brick wall for his team mate. This is the game which will separate the Men from the Boys, this is the game where every player tells the fans why they are here, this is the game that together we show the rest of the league that we are the team to beat, this is the game that tells management why they should re-sign them. This is the game where every player can come off the ice feeling 10 feet tall if they really want to.
+1 Churchill couldn't have put it better :lol: :lol:

Wannabe2

voth26 said:
Wannabe2 said:
+1 Churchill couldn't have put it better :lol: :lol:
Home you don't mean Churchill the dog.lol

ASHIPP

Play physical, smart and effective. Playing simple disciplined hockey and stayingout of the bin to take two very very important points. That is the best way to send a message to Panthers and the ONLY way Tyson would want it.

Let's hope that hunger to stay at the top and thoughts of Tyson will spur them on to get the job done.

Ocko

The fight you're more likely to see is Batch v Farmer. Batch had just completed a long shift where he'd taken the puck right up the ice then busted a gut to backcheck at the end of a long shift and was knackered, Farmer jumps on the ice, starts a fight and jumps him straight away and doesn't let Batch even get his gloves off, Josh actually finished the fight with one glove still one. Cowardly (but clever I suppose) play from Farmer.

That fight isn't done with and I'd be amazed if Batch doesn't give him no choice in the matter this weekend.

Wannabe2

Ocko said:
The fight you're more likely to see is Batch v Farmer. Batch had just completed a long shift where he'd taken the puck right up the ice then busted a gut to backcheck at the end of a long shift and was knackered, Farmer jumps on the ice, starts a fight and jumps him straight away and doesn't let Batch even get his gloves off, Josh actually finished the fight with one glove still one. Cowardly (but clever I suppose) play from Farmer.

That fight isn't done with and I'd be amazed if Batch doesn't give him no choice in the matter this weekend.
Now your talking, think this will happen,and will get a very noisy crowd even noisier if that's possible.

I agree. If the chance arises then Batch could do a great job, locker room should focus on all but especially Batch and Salters should it come to it that they step up.
Having said that, a boring game but 2 points for us I would readily settle with.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Johnnybravo1927

I agree that there will be a Batch vs Farmer but I think that Hendrikx will drop the gloves with Jannsen as well. Not because of Tyson but because twice this season they have done it and also they have previous from stateside. If we play the physical game that we are so good at, then the panthers will get riled and there will be a few fights but I feel we have enough about us to come out on top. Jannsen and Marsh was a fair fight and I dont think anyone thinks otherwise. As said earlier by wildthing, Noble deserves a beating more than any other player in the league. Or any league. At any sport...

osh

Wannabe2 said:
Maybe this should be printed out and placed in the dressing room before the game !!!
Lot do wouldn't have to waste his energy on a rousing team talk !
Good on you Wannabe2.