O'connor leaves the Blaze

Without turning this into a Blaze chat on the Devils forum, I'm not quite sure what the fascination is with our fans to try and number our defencemen in order of how good they are :?: Every other team in the league just signs 5 defencemen who compliment each other whereas the Blaze couldn't possibly wreck our new rating system by signing 2 players who are equally good :lol:

ASHIPP

J.B said:
Without turning this into a Blaze chat on the Devils forum, I'm not quite sure what the fascination is with our fans to try and number our defencemen in order of how good they are :?: Every other team in the league just signs 5 defencemen who compliment each other whereas the Blaze couldn't possibly wreck our new rating system by signing 2 players who are equally good :lol:
J.B. I think you'll find that other teams fans do it too (look on Panthers forum right now) - but it isn't neccessarily a numbering system in order of ability. I think some people use it to denote the different roles each dman is responsible for, or even their level of experience.

Well done Ben, It's takes a lot of courage for a young British guy to stand up for what he wants. Lets hope his actions will give all the other young brits out there something to hope for in the future, then perhaps we wont see so many of them revert to EPL, so they can make their money up by holding down a day job as well as playing. When your 21/22 years of age earning between £150-£250 per week is not exactly going to cover hardly any living expenses, these guys go without cars and a lot of other things that people of the same age working in just factories take as the norm. Good forbid if they ever actually wanted to buy their own home, can you imagine paying a mortgage on those wages.

mazza03

devil99 said:
Well done Ben, It's takes a lot of courage for a young British guy to stand up for what he wants. Lets hope his actions will give all the other young brits out there something to hope for in the future, then perhaps we wont see so many of them revert to EPL, so they can make their money up by holding down a day job as well as playing. When your 21/22 years of age earning between £150-£250 per week is not exactly going to cover hardly any living expenses, these guys go without cars and a lot of other things that people of the same age working in just factories take as the norm. Good forbid if they ever actually wanted to buy their own home, can you imagine paying a mortgage on those wages.
Crickey I wish I had that much to live on, I manage on a lot less and pay ALL my own bills. ;)

I'm sure that Blaze will provide them with living accomadation ... Ben only just passed his driving test ... which was done via "Blaze School of Motoring" so would either of been free or very cheap.

People of that age ... (i.e ME!) CAN live on that money and blinking well do!

Rempel16

I think he's made a very good call in the long run. He's got a chance to be a top pp and pk performer up there, whereas Thommo is never going to defer from Weaver.

I think Thommo has been pretty harsh in his wording to be honest, its not like Ben is the first player to pull out of a contract.