OFFICIALS FOR CUP FINAL.

Has it been confirmed anywhere its a 4 man system with it not being a conference game? I can't remember whether we had 3 or 4 officials during playoff final

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheincar

steeler lass said:
Has it been confirmed anywhere its a 4 man system with it not being a conference game? I can't remember whether we had 3 or 4 officials during playoff final

The league haven't made up that rule yet :lol:

Have Hope#35

Hogarth showed his worth this evening with the phantom hit/trip on Keefe... Not sure what he was going to call but there was no one near Keefe when he lost an edge into the boards! Thankfully Smith put him right in the end!

Sheincar said:
steeler lass said:

The league haven't made up that rule yet :lol:
[emoji23] that doesn't surprise me, they'll probably decide on the day [emoji23]

Have Hope#35 said:
Hogarth showed his worth this evening with the phantom hit/trip on Keefe... Not sure what he was going to call but there was no one near Keefe when he lost an edge into the boards! Thankfully Smith put him right in the end!
And Keefe was laughing his head off when he returned to the bench, that was soon wiped away when the call was overturned :lol:

Temme

Have Hope#35 said:
One thing that worries me about this is that officials DO make mistakes - we can all relate to that, players and everyone else make mistakes also.

However Hogarth has made a call tonight based on assumption, this is worrying in itself if we're classing this as the top level of British hockey, where officials are 'guessing' things have happened.

Well done to Dean Smith for putting him right, but if a guy gets put head first into the boards on a clear 5+match call and none of the officials see it, i for one wouldn't expect it to be called!

James

Administrator
My problem with Hogarth which I think is possibly worse than the flubbed call, is that he's always in the way. He affects play around the boards a lot just by standing there. I appreciate he needs to be near the action, I appreciate its a 4 man system and he has his position but all the other refs manage not to get in the way constantly.

Have Hope#35

Temme said:
Have Hope#35 said:
One thing that worries me about this is that officials DO make mistakes - we can all relate to that, players and everyone else make mistakes also.

However Hogarth has made a call tonight based on assumption, this is worrying in itself if we're classing this as the top level of British hockey, where officials are 'guessing' things have happened.

Well done to Dean Smith for putting him right, but if a guy gets put head first into the boards on a clear 5+match call and none of the officials see it, i for one wouldn't expect it to be called!
You're right... And alternatively what happens if Keefe hadn't have got up after hitting the boards last night? Hogarth would have probably thrown Hudson out of the game if he'd had his way! Appalling officiating, just glad Smith saw it!

C'mon U Devils said:
Budgie said:
How come nobody has mentioned Dean Smith, who I consider the best ref in the league?
+1 by a country mile!
Totally Agree!

+1

He lets the game flow and calls what he has to. Whilst he might have the odd 'off' game once in a while, he is generally the best and most neutral of all the refs, plus he doesnt want to be the centre of attention unlike some stripeys I could mention!!!!

Id say Smith and Thomson would be the best combination!

DevilDom

James said:
My problem with Hogarth which I think is possibly worse than the flubbed call, is that he's always in the way. He affects play around the boards a lot just by standing there. I appreciate he needs to be near the action, I appreciate its a 4 man system and he has his position but all the other refs manage not to get in the way constantly.
Totally agree and it doesn't help that he is a touch on the chubby side either.

Finny

Well after criticising them for most of the season I have to say the officials did a good job last night. Let the game flow and only called what they had to.

Well done guys.

Earnie

Finny said:
Well after criticising them for most of the season I have to say the officials did a good job last night. Let the game flow and only called what they had to.

Well done guys.
I reluctantly tend to agree. For a Hicks And Darnell show they did not spoil the game. Could have called a few more off the puck cheap shots though!

Sheincar

Have to admit that my heart sank when I heard who the officials were. However they did a great job & didn't disrupt the game with nonsense calls which resulted in a good game.