Other Elite teams players?

Thread starter #1
Which other players from current Elite league teams would you like to see playing for the Devils? i.e a D - man and a forward, will be interesting to read your views :D

I will go with Kenton Smith defenceman from the Pheonix and Mark Hurtubise forward from the Capitals two players i reckon would make a big impact for our club... thoughts.

Mike Burgoyne - Giants - Physical D man who can also score and bring the puck forward
Or
Chris Macallister - Vipers - by far the best D man in the league, awsome strength and power, and gets forward a lot to, a guy to play 40 minutes a night for you

Greg Chambers - Bison - Great amount of points for a team who is struggling this year, great speed and puck control and great awareness around the ice
Or
Colin Shields - Giants - Great speed and has a a helll of a shot on him, i think he is the best british player in the league and would fit in well with the likes of Prpich and Latullipe
Or
Kevin Bergin - Panthers - Will fight with heavyweights and is a bug physical player who can score alot

suprised no one had mention Mac first :eek:

just to show what i mean stats for players are

Chambers: played 50 Goals 22 Assisit 55 points 72 (only Beauregard has more points)

Shields: played 53 goals 26 assist 37 points 63 (only Tony hand brit above him)

Bergin: Played 47 Goals 23 assist 28 points 53 (3rd on team for scoring with 100 plus PIM)

Burgoyne: Played 53 goals 12 assist 34 points (leads all Giants d men in points by 14)

Macallister: Played 47 Goals 2 Assist 8 Points 10 (i dont need to justify why i would have him do i :p)

:eek: I completely forgot about McAllister
yeah, hes definately the best in the league

I was also thinking of Colin Shields... but probably would have chosen Tony Hand, had he been a bit younger

scottydoesntknow said:
:eek: I completely forgot about McAllister
yeah, hes definately the best in the league

I was also thinking of Colin Shields... but probably would have chosen Tony Hand, had he been a bit younger
thats why i did not pick him, he still top 5 for points in league but i think shields would be better long term if he were a devil :D

you cant forget about macallister lol he is massive

As the best young Brit forward in the league this season I would have Rob Dowd from the Steelers.
And in D yes McAllister, the pedigree is still so evident

phil PLT said:
As the best young Brit forward in the league this season I would have Rob Dowd from the Steelers.
And in D yes McAllister, the pedigree is still so evident
yes Dowd is the best young up and coming brit in a couple of years he will be awsome and prosb up there with the imports like Tessier and Sly

zoesdevil

D-McAllister as he is so powerful and has the experience and class and will take some of the pressure off voth

F-Beauregard-he is just the kind of forward we need as he is scoring loadz of goals and he could of been wot we needed in those tight games this season that we failed to score when we have had many shots on goal!!!
im not saying ours are rubbish just that beauregard would be a class signing for us aswell!!!

Wannabe2 said:
Best D Man in the league, personnally i would take Tyson over Mac any day of the week.
2 different style of players? Tyson a more aggresive offence D man, Macallister a big stay at home d man who can get forwrd if need be?

perfect combo on the same pairing on D

Thread starter #15
Looking at my choice of forward now, i may have to rethink that one i think it would be superb signing a player like Beauregard who has proved this season that he can score a lot of goals and that is what we have been missing this season, but i can't see him him staying in this league next season unless one of the big four get him first. :lol:

TheStub

Even the big four don't have that much cash or sway. Plus, they have to work in the same wage cap :lol: :lol:

I think Sheffield will lose Jodi this year - his form will buy him a ticket to Europe.

Gazza272

TheStub said:
Even the big four don't have that much cash or sway. Plus, they have to work in the same wage cap :lol: :lol:

I think Sheffield will lose Jodi this year - his form will buy him a ticket to Europe.
The Big 4 have an extra 1000 pound to spend in the wage cap to compensate for them having one less import than the rest.

TheStub

Gazza272 said:
The Big 4 have an extra 1000 pound to spend in the wage cap to compensate for them having one less import than the rest.
I was being sarcastic ;) Plus, I don't think it will be a level playing field, wage cap or not. They will find a way to make their cash talk.

But, the big 4 don't have the extra grand - all the teams have the option available. The rules are the rules, and all the teams are (apparntly) bound by them. We made the choice this season, less of a cap and more imports.

Who is to say that next year we wont be in the same cap as the "big 4".

Gazza272

TheStub said:
Gazza272 said:
I was being sarcastic ;) Plus, I don't think it will be a level playing field, wage cap or not. They will find a way to make their cash talk.

But, the big 4 don't have the extra grand - all the teams have the option available. The rules are the rules, and all the teams are (apparntly) bound by them. We made the choice this season, less of a cap and more imports.

Who is to say that next year we wont be in the same cap as the "big 4".

In some ways i very much hope we do, especially if Phil Hill can continue his points production into next season.

We do need some better quality brits if we are to compete next season though, i would hope we would make a move for Jaime hayes to give us depth on the third line, and i think the only other realistic Target would be Matt Myers now he has finished university, but even that is a long shot imo.

TheStub

That is what I want to see - a stronger core of Brits. It is good for the team and good for the game - the British players tend to stick around teams longer.

Perhaps Joe could have a chat with Matty :lol: Or get his mam to tell him come home :lol:

The trouble for us this season, with 11 imports we are essentially an import team. I would love to see more British players.