"Overtime" - New arrangements to Farewell Night

Finny

Thread starter #1
In case anyone hasn't seen, the "Farewell Party" next Monday night has been changed:

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/newsheadline.aspx?cpid=371

The key points are:

-Night starts at 7pm for Season Ticket Holders only
-At 8.30pm the doors open for everyone to come in and say farewell to the players (and hopfully celebrate that playoff win!)

During those first 90 minutes the Season Ticket holders will:
-have a short speech from the clubs management
-watch a documentary about the Club and Voth
-be able to bid on the Warm-Up Jerseys.
-recieve a FREE DVD of last nights game, plus a couple of Bonus features on it.

Now, I was one of the people on the previous thread who liked the fact this night was going to be ST Holders only and was going to be disappointed if it was changed.

However......I think these changes are brilliant and hopefully everyone will be happy with them. As a ST holder we get some time on our own with the players. We also get a couple of special extras like the speech and the documentary.
The fact we get a Free DVD is AWESOME and is something I'll be chuffed at getting my hands on as I was planning on buying one anyway.

After which, the night is then opened up for non-ST holders to come in too and chat to the players and say bye to them.

I think this is a Win-Win situation? I certainly am feeling that I'm being treated extra-special as a ST holder, whilst everyone gets to go to the evening in the end.

So is everyone happy?

One small request though, when you Non ST Holders do turn up - can you make sure you've used those 90 m inutes to have a wash first?
Cheers. ;) :lol:

Sheincar

bubbles said:
And when we non ST people turn up can you ST holders take your heads out of your own arses. :lol:
Talking of arses!! What made you feel the need to say that?? We didn't organise the event you know!!! :evil:

Sliput

Sheincar said:
bubbles said:
And when we non ST people turn up can you ST holders take your heads out of your own arses. :lol:
Talking of arses!! What made you feel the need to say that?? We didn't organise the event you know!!! :evil:
I think the smillie gives it away.....just like the end of Finnys post. :D

I have to congratulate the Devils org for realising the minor problems and changed it..........suits everybody. :)

Finny

Thread starter #10
Calm down..... it was only a joke.

A bad joke.........but still a joke.

Plus the only reason we have to put our heads up our asses is to mask the smell from the unwashed when they walk in........

drainage

Finny said:
In case anyone hasn't seen, the "Farewell Party" next Monday night has been changed:

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/newsheadline.aspx?cpid=371

The key points are:

-Night starts at 7pm for Season Ticket Holders only
-At 8.30pm the doors open for everyone to come in and say farewell to the players (and hopfully celebrate that playoff win!)

During those first 90 minutes the Season Ticket holders will:
-have a short speech from the clubs management
-watch a documentary about the Club and Voth
-be able to bid on the Warm-Up Jerseys.
-recieve a FREE DVD of last nights game, plus a couple of Bonus features on it.

Now, I was one of the people on the previous thread who liked the fact this night was going to be ST Holders only and was going to be disappointed if it was changed.

However......I think these changes are brilliant and hopefully everyone will be happy with them. As a ST holder we get some time on our own with the players. We also get a couple of special extras like the speech and the documentary.
The fact we get a Free DVD is AWESOME and is something I'll be chuffed at getting my hands on as I was planning on buying one anyway.

After which, the night is then opened up for non-ST holders to come in too and chat to the players and say bye to them.

I think this is a Win-Win situation? I certainly am feeling that I'm being treated extra-special as a ST holder, whilst everyone gets to go to the evening in the end.

So is everyone happy?

One small request though, when you Non ST Holders do turn up - can you make sure you've used those 90 m inutes to have a wash first?
Cheers. ;) :lol:
hell I am clever !!! Think I suggested a similar approach on the other thread !! But am glad peace is restored in the officially declared "positive" week !!

TheStub

Well, the other half has agreed that if the Devils win the final, we can come. Obviously I am part of the great unwashed... but I will see you there :lol:

Think there will be awards for fans who have travelled the furthest :p

If I turn up, obviously I am the most devoted fan - as I will have gone through the most to be there :lol: :lol:

It sounds like a really good plan and keeps everybody happy!

And if there are awards going for those who have travelled the furthest, can I have one please? I flew in from Dayton just before the Panthers game and will fly back next Wednesday just after the Play Offs! Will miss the Steeler game on Saturday as my sister in law gets married but will be leaving Devon at 7am to be in Notts in time for The Castle to open on Sunday :D

mazza03

TheStub said:
Ok Ok - you win :p

Your prize will be a pint, if you find the Devils fan on crutches ;)
I'm going to try and find you just so that I get to meet the one who is always on here :lol: is that ok?

TheStub

Go for it... I should be easy to spot, 6' on crutches - and with one hand :lol:

I don't spend that much time on here - well, I guess I do, but I am fairly glued to my sofa at the moment :( I want this pot off :(

Not exactly what Shannon & I discussed on Sunday but glad peace is restored.

To be fair to Shannon, he said excluding Non STH had never been the idea. Annoying people doesn't tend to be great PR or encourage people to sign up for ST next season.

Don't forget you can buy your ST by Direct Debit on a monthly basis over the year, spreads the load somewhat. We paid up front last year and opted for DDM for the second year.

Well pleased with this. As said before on this thread everyone gets a chance to say farewell to the players. What could have been disruptive amongst some supporters has now been sorted by Devils management. Did we expect anything less, dont think so. Sheer class.