Pad 2

moggy#9

Thread starter #1
I came across an interesting thread on the problems of pad 2 being closed:

Having played rec and coached sledge hockey in the past, how the hell is this supposed to work? We had a pad 2 because there was the demand for it. I understand that costs have gone up, but was the utilisation really that bad that the costs couldn't be made to work even by some increase to the ice time fees?

We can't hire the pad now until May by the look of it. I'm absolutely gutted as are my families that regularly coming from May till August, all the progress and confidence they had gained will be wiped out. Im considering approaching planet ice.

For private ice hire. We are stumped as are lots of other people I know. We were making skating accessible for those who can't access a public session due to disabilities. We were lucky and got funding to do so.

I came across an interesting thread on the problems of pad 2 being closed:

Having played rec and coached sledge hockey in the past, how the hell is this supposed to work? We had a pad 2 because there was the demand for it. I understand that costs have gone up, but was the utilisation really that bad that the costs couldn't be made to work even by some increase to the ice time fees?
Whoever designed the rink obviously didn't know how much changing space a hockey team needs,