Panthers v Devils - 13/11 - 7:00pm - League & CC

James

Administrator
Panthers v Devils - 13/11 - 7:00pm - League & CC

I most certainly wasn't referring to you btw, just the 'usual' Cage inhabitants :)

DevilDom

Kovalchuk#17 said:
Lol. Cant wait for the next time we play you! Should be going to my first away game in Cardiff in December, what should i expect?
As little as possible! :twisted:

Start with a crappy blue tent that is falling down in places, poor site lines, ice that often turns to slush, cold "hot" dogs, a massive que at the bar, oh and the smell of pee. But we love it and there is always a great atmosphere, particularly in the games against the Panthers!

DevilDom said:
Kovalchuk#17 said:
Lol. Cant wait for the next time we play you! Should be going to my first away game in Cardiff in December, what should i expect?

Start with a crappy blue tent that is falling down in places, poor site lines, ice that often turns to slush, cold "hot" dogs, a massive que at the bar, oh and the smell of pee. But we love it and there is always a great atmosphere, particularly in the games against the Panthers!
How much are tickets? And whats the capacity?

TheStub

Kovalchuk#17 said:
DevilDom said:
Kovalchuk#17 said:

How much are tickets? And whats the capacity?
Capacity is a shade over 2500, and the atmosphere is mental when we get a crowd in.

Facilities are normal Planet Ice, as is the service - as in expect nothing and none. Tickets are £15 in advance. Be sure to say hi - I stand between blocks 1 and 2... although we may differ on Kovy - still not sure I want him in a NJ shirt.

Start with a crappy blue tent that is falling down in places, poor site lines, ice that often turns to slush, cold "hot" dogs, a massive que at the bar, oh and the smell of pee. But we love it and there is always a great atmosphere, particularly in the games against the Panthers![/quote]

How much are tickets? And whats the capacity?[/quote]
Capacity is a shade over 2500, and the atmosphere is mental when we get a crowd in.

Facilities are normal Planet Ice, as is the service - as in expect nothing and none. Tickets are £15 in advance. Be sure to say hi - I stand between blocks 1 and 2... although we may differ on Kovy - still not sure I want him in a NJ shirt.[/quote]

Cant agree on everything, how come out of interest?

TheStub

Kovalchuk#17 said:
TheStub said:
although we may differ on Kovy - still not sure I want him in a NJ shirt.
Slightly off topic I guess... but for me he isn't a NJ player. He plays a far too individual game for New Jersey - he isn't transitioning from being the "go to" guy he was in Atlanta to being a team player he needs to be for the NJ style. So, I think he adds little offensively to the team - but the worst thing is the huge hit to the cap has decimated the rest of the team. OK, injury is really hitting us now but for me Kovy didn't gel last season, isn't gelling now and needs to make some real progress soon, or he will be a dead loss for us.

Lets just say, from the NJ games I've watched this season (all of them) I have been left less than impressed, and can say he's cost us more goals than he has scored. He just isn't as responsible defensively as I would like.

Just my take - but give me 3 "lesser" players over him for NJ style of play.

TheStub said:
Kovalchuk#17 said:
TheStub said:
although we may differ on Kovy - still not sure I want him in a NJ shirt.
Slightly off topic I guess... but for me he isn't a NJ player. He plays a far too individual game for New Jersey - he isn't transitioning from being the "go to" guy he was in Atlanta to being a team player he needs to be for the NJ style. So, I think he adds little offensively to the team - but the worst thing is the huge hit to the cap has decimated the rest of the team. OK, injury is really hitting us now but for me Kovy didn't gel last season, isn't gelling now and needs to make some real progress soon, or he will be a dead loss for us.

Lets just say, from the NJ games I've watched this season (all of them) I have been left less than impressed, and can say he's cost us more goals than he has scored. He just isn't as responsible defensively as I would like.

Just my take - but give me 3 "lesser" players over him for NJ style of play.
Cant argue with his quality though. talking of NHLers, i didnt seem to notice Weller too much?

DevilDom

Kovalchuk#17 said:
talking of NHLers, i didnt seem to notice Weller too much?
Well you were obviously not watching the game very closely. To say he only got of the plane on Wednesday and has probably had only 1 training session since then I thought he was very very good and oozed class. When he gets upto full speed he'll be way to good for this league.

DevilDom said:
Kovalchuk#17 said:
Well you were obviously not watching the game very closely. To say he only got of the plane on Wednesday and has probably had only 1 training session since then I thought he was very very good and oozed class. When he gets upto full speed he'll be way to good for this league.
Think i must have been blinded by frustration at our 'superstars'.

Interested on your guys opinion on Penner?

Kovalchuk#17 said:
DevilDom said:
Kovalchuk#17 said:
Think i must have been blinded by frustration at our 'superstars'.

Slow, Cant Play Hockey, Waste Of Import Slot, Takes To Many Stupid Penalties :lol:

Got to say that last nights game was the best I have seen for many years. Intense, fast, skilful and some.......

Both netminders were great, Penner was a complete clown and Mr Weller can only be described as 'different class'.

Devils fans as usual created the atmosphere. The look on the faces of the 'Panthers Teenie Weenie Crew' at the back of Block 4 was priceless when Lyle made the winning penalty save.

As has been said previously 'The Weller Effect' is already evident.

Good luck tonight boys. If this run keeps going who knows what the end of this season may bring !!!!!!

Prickly Pete said:
BLOCK 3 DEVIL said:
If this run keeps going who knows what the end of this season may bring !!!!!!
If we were Chav fans we'd be saying "we will the league wrapped up by Christmas" right about now :lol: :lol: :lol:
I dont know about Xmas but things may be interesting by the middle of March !!! ;) ;) ;) ;)

kettdevil1

Kovalchuk#17 said:
Potentially he can offer a fair amount given his size and the fact that he winds people up.

At the moment however, he is a liability. With his boarding call yesterday he continued hitting a Devil after the ref had told him to stop, the result was a really stupid extra 2 minutes. That summed him up for me, he lacks control.

I have only seen him twice at the NIC and both times he has taken daft penalties that have given the Devils chances.

Last night it was clear that the Devils had no interest in fighting, hence Penner didn't have much of a use, apart from as an object of amusement for travelling fans.

wildthing74

kettdevil1 said:
Kovalchuk#17 said:
Potentially he can offer a fair amount given his size and the fact that he winds people up.

At the moment however, he is a liability. With his boarding call yesterday he continued hitting a Devil after the ref had told him to stop, the result was a really stupid extra 2 minutes. That summed him up for me, he lacks control.

I have only seen him twice at the NIC and both times he has taken daft penalties that have given the Devils chances.

Last night it was clear that the Devils had no interest in fighting, hence Penner didn't have much of a use, apart from as an object of amusement for travelling fans.
And he missed a sitter from 3 feet out that my granny would have scored.Really can't see the point of him.With nobody to fight with he is a waste of an import slot especially as McMorrow and Sawyer have left the league.
His signing made sense in the summer when it looked as though the league was going down that route when most top teams went with an out and out hard man but Panthers have failed to get a guy that could both fight aned play where as we managed that with both Sawyer and Weller.
If the Panthers have any title ambitions,they would be better suited bringing a player in that could fight and play and maybe when Henderson is fit again he would be a better fit for the squad than Penner?