Panthers v Devils - 27/02 - 7pm - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

So this is the first game of the weekend against those damned Panthers and we'll be running the disgusting biased, yet amazingly brilliant Match Night Live! for this from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ is the man in charge for both of the weekends games and as always he can be reached at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Hopefully we'll be able to pick up our 6th win in a row and end the NIC hoodoo when we win this game :)

Chances are both teams will be at full strength :D

Chris.

wildthing74

Realistically whatever else happens in the league it looks like a fourth place finish for us based on the amount of games left.This in mind I would love us to hit them all over the place on Saturday and try and tire them for the cup game the following night.
I know they can more than hold their own in that area but the league game means more to them than us at this stage even though I think they too have run out of games to push for the title.

Koop11

I was asking some friends at the hockey on the weekend how they think we should play this one. With a far bigger game the night after against the same opposition, how should we approach Saturday?

Do we take it easy and try to reserve energy, baring in mind we’ll be travelling back that night. Or, do we, as suggested, go out there and bruise them up a little. The risk is over eagerness could spill over and lead to altercations which could mean suspensions. Also, we have to remember that playing a physical game can be just as tiring and have the potential for self sustaining injuries as being the opposition.

Nottingham will regard Saturday as a bigger game for them than it is for us as they are chasing Coventry for a title when we realistically are looking at 4th place, although 3rd is now back up for grabs. There is of course the psychological element of a win the night before which will have some baring on Sunday’s 1st leg.

Having thought about it, I agree that we should go up there and bang them about a bit but try to avoid the punch ups to limit injury and suspension. We’re a professional team and our approach should be to try and win every game we play in. I agree with a friend who also said that you cannot go into a game thinking about avoiding injured because sods law will bite you.

Go up there and hit but doing it wisely. Yes we would want a win but personally I’d take a loss if we could get a good score line the following night.

Gazza272

How do we approach this game? the same way we have approached the last 5. we cant just turn the form tap on and off, that imo would do more harm than good for the final.

steve

I agree with gazza, i don't think we're smart enough to change styles! Were playing play off hockey atm, lets just carry on.

wildthing74

I would rather we win on Sunday especially as there is little chance of the league standings changing in the las 8 games.
Whilst we no doubt go into every game in the same frame of mind,I would hope we would keep plenty in reserve for Sunday when with a fired up crowd we can take a strangle hold of the final.
Should be fireworks and can see maybe a renewed Finnerty v Richardson battle back on the cards.

ASHIPP

Based on the quality of play and mental attitude during the last 5 matches, expect the Devils to go to NIC on Saturday and deliver that same attacking, controlled hockey. :twisted: So long as they remain disciplined and solid, aggressive but conserving enough energy in the tank, even if they lose, hopefully they will still have the home advantage for the really BIG one on Sunday. Every game is important now with a top 3 finish possible - but the CC Cup is much more important to the Devils with a chance of some silverware. :cool:

tbh i think we should look at it asif we are playing two different teams in two different games, and go for the win like we have done in the last five, but i do think we have to play smart hockey on the saturday night, as we have to travel up and play, then travel back and play again

Wannabe2

The Devils still believe they can capture 3rd spot, and thats what they are aiming for thus they will be going for the win on Saturday. Myself i agree with that, like people have already said you cant turn the tap on and off, and a win Saturday would be a huge boost for Sunday. We need to keep the momentum going now that we have that, so come on the lads a win Sat, and a even bigger one on Sunday, things that you guys are capable of.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Also if we show them we can win up there, it will make them push up for the 1st leg of the final and give us opportunities to score. If they are confident of a home win in the final they will come down here and shut up shop

Finny

Jono72 said:
A much more grown up alternative to the childish MNL I find :lol: ;)
(That's a joke BTW, readers of THF will understand)
:lol:

Jono - any chance when there is a goal you can post the scoreline? I find sometimes I lose track of what the score is, and then have to go back to the start to count it all up.
Unless the scoreline is somewhere, but I miss it?

Finny said:
Jono72 said:
A much more grown up alternative to the childish MNL I find :lol: ;)
(That's a joke BTW, readers of THF will understand)
:lol:

Jono - any chance when there is a goal you can post the scoreline? I find sometimes I lose track of what the score is, and then have to go back to the start to count it all up.
Unless the scoreline is somewhere, but I miss it?
Unfortunately not mate, because I use Cover It Live from a mobile, I can't use the scoreboard option (I have asked them to include it on their iPhone app next update). I'll put the score on as often as possible tonight.

Finny

Jono72 said:
Unfortunately not mate, because I use Cover It Live from a mobile, I can't use the scoreboard option (I have asked them to include it on their iPhone app next update). I'll put the score on as often as possible tonight.
Cheers! :D

zoesdevil

Chris said:
Hey hey,

So this is the first game of the weekend against those damned Panthers and we'll be running the disgusting biased, yet amazingly brilliant Match Night Live! for this from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ is the man in charge for both of the weekends games and as always he can be reached at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Hopefully we'll be able to pick up our 6th win in a row and end the NIC hoodoo when we win this game :)

Chances are both teams will be at full strength :D

Chris.
will there be updates from the blue tent with the ENL Devils vs Invicta??

I will cover the ENL Devils v Invicta if there are texters available to help.

Those who can help please PM and I will let you have the MNL number.

Those of you that have helped me before text me.

OJ

Finny said:
Jono - any chance when there is a goal you can post the scoreline? I find sometimes I lose track of what the score is, and then have to go back to the start to count it all up. Unless the scoreline is somewhere, but I miss it?
Stop press. The other half is in all night so we'll have the scoreboard feature running and she'll update all the latest scores from tonight's other EIHL games.