Panthers Vs Devils - League - 21st Feb 24 - FO 19:30

Devils86

The logo is on, as Viz would have it, the "rusty sheriff's badge".
I'm surprised that the Giants thought of this first, seeing as the Steelers have always been the biggest cowboy outfit in the league !

I'll get me coat...
Looks more like a chocolate starfish to me ;)

BostonBart22

I was tempted to click on 'Report'

No Giants logo, odd.

On a slight tangent - Devils are doing NHL takeover night (basically the NHL shop in the bar); kids night (where they did suggest an opportunity to design a jersey??) and Retro Night (which by looks of things has been adopted league wide again this year)...

But despite having a game on St David's Day - no St David's Jersey....

Which oddly is fine by me: I have at least one of every St David's Day (that I know of!, they've done 2 right?) and my wallet wouldn't like the SOHB/auction cost plus having to stomach the Vomiting Cow logo
I can see our screen split for the anthem st davids day welsh flag/daffodil

James

Administrator
Thread starter #123
Speaking as a western re-enactor, that style of waistcoat was popularised more recently. A 1800s cowboys waistcoat would tend to have a higher neckline with lapels and a squared off bottom hem. It doesn't take away from what a truly horrific jersey that is either way :D

Kevlar68

James, Question - how accurate can fanning be? Surely it's a rubbish technique?
Fanning the hammer back must effect the angle of the barrel that will change the trojectory of the bullet.

Last edited:

James

Administrator
Thread starter #125
Not very, its about getting a lot of lead in the air rather than accuracy. It definitely was a thing and there's a couple of historical accounts, but not as common as the movies make it. Don't try it without wearing a glove though or you'll rip your hand apart.

Apparently the goal review system wasn’t working so he couldn’t challenge it.

Which would explain why Russell got so mad. Goal scored, Dman complains of netminder interference and the nearest referee agrees and washes it out.

The officials then have a chat, decide to change the original decision and give the goal. Before telling Russell that he can’t challenge it because the review system isn’t working.
Thanks, that sounds like a reasonable explanation.