'paranoid' Steelers

Thread starter #1
Panthers hit back at 'paranoid' Steelers

NOTTINGHAM Panthers have hit back angrily at Sheffield Steelers' claims they tried to sign the double-winner's star defenceman Rod Sarich.

It is the latest in a succession of reports and press releases issued by Sheffield that have linked their biggest rivals to Steelers' players and their potential signings.

And Panthers general manager Gary Moran said today: "I don't want us to get into a verbal tennis match with anyone.

"But Sheffield are just paranoid, mentioning us in practically every press release they put out.

"It is just laughable that we wanted to sign Sarich, especially as we had completed our defence signings weeks ago.
http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/panth ... ticle.html

Chris

Administrator
Hehe, was only a matter of time before they said something like that.

I expect the next Steelers press release to mention Nottingham again to try and wind some more people up :)

Chris.

This is my favourite bit...

"If this is a marketing ploy it's not a very good one. It's not going to bring in new fans while the existing fans already know we don't like each other."

Ticket sales for the first match-up between Panthers and Steelers – the Charity Shield pre-season game at the National Ice Centre on Wednesday, September 2 – are nearing the 4,000 mark.

Admission prices are £10 adults and £5 concessions."
Irony?! :lol:

Thread starter #4
If you dangle the bait long enough you eventually get a bite and it seems Panthers have just done that, hook, line and sinker! :lol:

Boring for the rest of the Hockey world, but good entertainment nonetheless.