Parking at the game last night

Jones72

Thread starter #1
This is sure to cause a bit of controversy, but it's bugging me and everyone else seems OK with voicing opinions on here, so here goes...

First off, I wasn't impressed with the parking arrangements last night. Frankly it was chaos and I missed the start of the game because of it...and I wasn't anywhere near the back of the queue.

The reason appears to have been because of needing to hand out an Echo to everyone who was making a donation and explain the raffle ticket situation as well. Obvious bottleneck.

That said, the root cause of all of this was because Brent and the DCF appeared to feel the need to justify an increase in the donation for parking, and subsequently had to explain to each car what was going on as they were driving through.

In my view this will have been a reaction to the negativity on here regarding the increase, so to all of those that were bitching and moaning about an increase to £2...pat yourselves on the back. Well done.

The parking mess last night was YOUR fault.

:evil:

Totally agree the parking was a total farce.
Two fold reason in my view.
A: The car park opposite the pool. How do the council justify the sole use of this car park for the pool. In the main there are very few users when the Devils are at home. I believe the charging for the use of this is not in their remit. Especially £5 as reported.
B: Why can't the access to the car park for the rink be from the rear for the main traffic. Simple. Straight on at the lights past Morrisons round the roundabout and in. No waiting for the crossing or getting completely frustrated at the bone heads going down the outside and around the roundabout to jump the queue.
Great to have Hockey night back though.

I couldnt get near the rink with 20 mins to face off so took the risk and parked in morrisons.

Gates say they lock one hour after close so lucky the game finished by 945pm :)

anyone know if they 100% do or do not lock the gates