Paul Ragan interview

Rempel16

Pleximan said:
Bringing in fast skating European imports who are comfortable big ice is definitely a move that shows vision.

The 20 to 30 trouble makers who have their boring political agendas can stand outside shivering in the freezing rain for all I care, god help the club if they were actually in charge! I'm looking forward to to seeing them huddled together in the rain as I walk straight past their silly child like protest.
Very positive changes at the Devils as far as I'm concerned. As for the protesting fools, it will be well worth the ticket money to see them getting soaked in the rain :)
Only quoted a couple of points you made...

Yep - fast skating European imports, let's copy the model of the only other team that do this year on year - Edinburgh Capitals.... Where do they finish in the league each season?

By contrast, of the 'big 4' how many fast skating European imports do they have? 0 between them? (Unless you count Saari, who is effectively a gap filler for the Panthers but has played at a similar level to our newest import)

And I haven't decided if i'm going to protest or not yet. But those same protesters are still coming in to watch the game. And i have a feeling it's going to be far more than 30, considering their last count was well over that without those who are undecided (like me).

DevilDom

Finny said:
Earnie said:
Protest? Protest about what EXACTLY ?

Shameful - at least we will be able to see who you all are if you are there.
I will be standing outside the rink next week. Why?

Because I think it is shocking that the club claim to believe it is 20...30....40 fans that are unhappy with the direction the club is going. The attendances speak for themselves, we are on course for one of our worst ever seasons attendance wise. People I speak to at games and messages on twitter suggest a huge number won't be renewing next season. Where will that leave the club?

I'm not protesting to get the management out. I'm hoping by standing outside they will start to realise the seriousness of the situation they face.

Once I have made my statement outside, I will go in and support the players for the rest of the game.
Spot on Finny. I am sick of Ragan dismissing fans unhappy about the actions of the management as being 'a minority intent on destroying the club'. He originally stated it was 20, now he is saying 30. I want to show him its a lot more.

I am a ST holder on love the club, just hate the way it is being run. I have no wish at all in destroying it - precisely the opposite. This is a line Ragan loves to trot out to try and drive a wedge between these fans and others. I completely respect those who have no wish to protest but do not call me any less of a fan. If anyone wants to check whether I am a real fan you can find me in block 3, G4 - making a lot of noise supporting the team on the ice.

Pleximan said:
Good grief! A protest by the morons outside the rink? I can't wait to see that so I can laugh at them as I walk past to go and support the Cardiff Devils out on the ice!
For me Paul Ragan gave a great interview, I completely agree with what he said. I care not about getting close and chummy with the players like some simple ones who post green happy hockey days!
I just want to see the club win hockey games, quite simple really.
Does it bother you at all that the 'morons' outside include current sponsors or match night volunteers? Or long term season ticket holders?

How do they have their own agendas against the club?

Foxy

SPEEDACE said:
I wont be joining the protest either, although I fully understand the frustrations of the majority who are taking part, and the personal vendettas of one or two.

If the plan is to get Ragan to sell up and move on, I'm slightly confused as I don't see a massive queue of business/money men tripping over themselves to take this club forward.

Should Ragan walk, this could be the end for the Cardiff Devils as we know it, some will say its already dying a painful death, but would we all be happier with no team to support or follow.

I love my ice hockey fix, I hate what has happened at this club in the last six months, but I will still attend and support the players donning the Devils jersey, as I don't feel any of them deserve to be in the middle of all this crap.

As for the interview, nothing we haven't heard before at fans forums, we are looking to take this club forward etc, when all they have done in the last three years is take the club backwards at a great rate of knots.

There are quality players out there, available and willing to play in the UK, imagine the euphoria on this website had we just signed Oreskovic, a tough stay at home D man instead of two or three third rate players who will probably be leaving as quick as they arrived, I really hope these individuals prove me wrong.

Yes I am completely disillusioned at this time, like many others, however I live in hope that someone sees sense within the organisation before the damage done is too great.
Question you hate whats happening to the club but dont want to protest Your perogative, but how do you let Ragan know your views?

We could all do just the same and he will happily go along thinking there are only 30 people not content. At the moment there is no way im buying a season ticket next season.

Foxy

DevilDom said:
Finny said:
Earnie said:
Protest? Protest about what EXACTLY ?

Shameful - at least we will be able to see who you all are if you are there.
I will be standing outside the rink next week. Why?

Because I think it is shocking that the club claim to believe it is 20...30....40 fans that are unhappy with the direction the club is going. The attendances speak for themselves, we are on course for one of our worst ever seasons attendance wise. People I speak to at games and messages on twitter suggest a huge number won't be renewing next season. Where will that leave the club?

I'm not protesting to get the management out. I'm hoping by standing outside they will start to realise the seriousness of the situation they face.

Once I have made my statement outside, I will go in and support the players for the rest of the game.
Spot on Finny. I am sick of Ragan dismissing fans unhappy about the actions of the management as being 'a minority intent on destroying the club'. He originally stated it was 20, now he is saying 30. I want to show him its a lot more.

I am a ST holder on love the club, just hate the way it is being run. I have no wish at all in destroying it - precisely the opposite. This is a line Ragan loves to trot out to try and drive a wedge between these fans and others. I completely respect those who have no wish to protest but do not call me any less of a fan. If anyone wants to check whether I am a real fan you can find me in block 3, G4 - making a lot of noise supporting the team on the ice.
Nicely put +1

Ibbz9

Not really interested in all the politics and goings on. To bring up the point on European players; I think it could be the way to go. Why do the Devils have to follow the North American trend? Edinburgh is not the best example as their budget would be less than Cardiff plus their Brit pack is no where near that of the Devils. Guys like Jarolin (ex player), Hartmann, Dobron, etc are top players.

I know lots of fans have this love affair with Canadiens. With the right budget, recruitment, coaching, Brits a mainly European based team could do well. That is all up in the air at the moment with the current happenings.

As for the arguement that Europeans are not tough enough doesn't wash really. Toughness isn't just about fighting; it is about playing hard, hitting hard etc.

As I said at the start, not intersted in politics...just my thoughts on a mainly euro team providing the budget allows the euro eqivalent of the North Americans that have been signed previously.

Mooney#16

How dare you Ibbz. You go and find a maple leaf flag now. Cover it in syrup and sing Oh Canada as loud as you can.

I'm off over the wall to get my hammer a sickle.

Wait what do you mean we won?

Ibbz9 said:
Not really interested in all the politics and goings on. To bring up the point on European players; I think it could be the way to go. Why do the Devils have to follow the North American trend? Edinburgh is not the best example as their budget would be less than Cardiff plus their Brit pack is no where near that of the Devils. Guys like Jarolin (ex player), Hartmann, Dobron, etc are top players.

I know lots of fans have this love affair with Canadiens. With the right budget, recruitment, coaching, Brits a mainly European based team could do well. That is all up in the air at the moment with the current happenings.

As for the arguement that Europeans are not tough enough doesn't wash really. Toughness isn't just about fighting; it is about playing hard, hitting hard etc.

As I said at the start, not intersted in politics...just my thoughts on a mainly euro team providing the budget allows the euro eqivalent of the North Americans that have been signed previously.
You should expect our Brit pack to be of similar standard to Edinburgh's next year. There will be an exodus of quality Brits from our team due to the horrendous player treatment at our club which is becoming common knowledge across the league. Players can accept being released, provided it is done in a professional manner. There are only so many people you can screw over (whether it be in the form of late payments, non payments, or not honouring contracts) before it comes around to bit you in your proverbial backside.

Sad, sad time for the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mooney#16

I respect that people want to defend the rights of the players and stick up for them but surely if its as horrendous as is painted does there not come a time when the players also have to stick up for themselves. I remember Dennis Vial leading a players strike up in Sheffield over un paid wages. They do have a voice in all this as well when so many people are fighting under the umbrella of sticking up for players rights.

TheStub

Mooney#16 said:
I respect that people want to defend the rights of the players and stick up for them but surely if its as horrendous as is painted does there not come a time when the players also have to stick up for themselves. I remember Dennis Vial leading a players strike up in Sheffield over un paid wages. They do have a voice in all this as well when so many people are fighting under the umbrella of sticking up for players rights.
Very true.

The more players who are mistreated do what Joe has done, or even go on strike if it is that bad, the better. But I guess no-one wants to risk being sacked.

Isn't there a players association now?

Mooney#16

Believe its all gone now. Ian Cooper was chairman of the IHPA wasn't he. I know they kept alot of owners honest around the ISL era thats for sure. Maybe something the players should look at in this country is getting union representation as much I have my issues with unions as well as owners.

jimmy snels said:
Supporters club groups would usually be season ticket holders wouldn't they? Season ticket holders being 800 regulars at the minute how ever would surely be the largest group to benifit and also an additional benefit for people investing 400 quid into the club. IMO actually a very positive move that many will benifit from
Might as well let this information out, as far as I know it's not confidential and was due to be announced in the next week or two. (if I get shot for this - well, that's life!)

For Season Ticket Holders in the 2014/15 Season the CDRA is waiving membership fees for STHs. In effect, any STH who wants to join the Supports' Club can do so for free.

Mooney#16 said:

Heard the story from Simmsey about how he got the money back though. Lol

Sheincar

jayemm said:
jimmy snels said:
Supporters club groups would usually be season ticket holders wouldn't they? Season ticket holders being 800 regulars at the minute how ever would surely be the largest group to benifit and also an additional benefit for people investing 400 quid into the club. IMO actually a very positive move that many will benifit from
Might as well let this information out, as far as I know it's not confidential and was due to be announced in the next week or two. (if I get shot for this - well, that's life!)

For Season Ticket Holders in the 2014/15 Season the CDRA is waiving membership fees for STHs. In effect, any STH who wants to join the Supports' Club can do so for free.
So what revenue stream will CDRA have going forward?