Paul Ragan to make an announcement about NHL situation

KaneDevils

osh said:
KaneDevils said:
osh said:
I wonder how successful G thinks the much talked about '3 year plan' is at the moment ( strange some posters claim they never knew this plan existed, despite commenting on it themselves) :lol: :lol: selective memories eh. :eek:
Well you seem to be the only one who recalls G saying this, where others believe it was the Matt Burge era! :p

Well the others are wrong then, and I'm right eh. :lol: You are quite correct, it was indeed first mentioned (constantly) the MB era where he and G spoke of the 3 year plan, it also continued into the early PR days!
My apologies then, I stand corrected. First time for everything! :lol: :oops:

welcome back kipper, it's been a while but good to welcome you home :lol: as for the 3 year plan that was matt burge's idea with imput from shannon, at that time shannon was helping matt to get to grips with owning a hockey club, bit like brent's helping P R out now, possibly, this was then presented to G as the way the club would be going forward and obviously that was the tone G took on, seemed a good plan to me. . and dont forget for the best part of 2 years that 3 year plan / business plan / matt's running of the club was continualy used as the reason the club kept failing by P R , let's see wot snaps next and who get's the blame, got to say there arn't many left to point the finger at anymore !

osh

Finny said:
So what did G say was his three year plan then?
What venue was this at? (so I can try and remember it)

Yawn. You even commented on it yourself if I remember correctly. When I've got time I'll look for it, I think it was something to do with he topic coach 10/11.

Finny

osh said:
Finny said:
So what did G say was his three year plan then?
What venue was this at? (so I can try and remember it)

Yawn. You even commented on it yourself if I remember correctly. When I've got time I'll look for it, I think it was something to do with he topic coach 10/11.
Charming. I ask a perfectly civil question and I get that response. ;:|

voth26

jesus 17 pages long next step total meltdown of the devils!!!!,i feel we will become the joke of the league if we carry on like this, we seem to continually lurch from one scrape to another. we are meant to be a professional ice hockey club run by a professional business man, for my money at the moment we are anything but, we are a club running with an inconsistent on-ice product, unhappy and dissatisfied paying fans, seemingly background agendas, an owner who has rightly or wrongly a low opinion of his team and coaches and i hazard a guess that team morale and confidence aint at it's highest level. And around the corner we have a game against the league leaders on the weekend it dont get any better than that!!! im not expecting anything out of this weekend win wise if im honest but i am expecting the guys to stick 2 fingers up to who ever and play to restore not only pride and commitment in the devils shirt but their own personnel pride.

voth26 said:
jesus 17 pages long next step total meltdown of the devils!!!!,i feel we will become the joke of the league if we carry on like this, we seem to continually lurch from one scrape to another. we are meant to be a professional ice hockey club run by a professional business man, for my money at the moment we are anything but, we are a club running with an inconsistent on-ice product, unhappy and dissatisfied paying fans, seemingly background agendas, an owner who has rightly or wrongly a low opinion of his team and coaches and i hazard a guess that team morale and confidence aint at it's highest level. And around the corner we have a game against the league leaders on the weekend it dont get any better than that!!! im not expecting anything out of this weekend win wise if im honest but i am expecting the guys to stick 2 fingers up to who ever and play to restore not only pride and commitment in the devils shirt but their own personnel pride.
Totally agree, at the end of the day with any business it's only as good as the person or persons running it.

KaneDevils said:
Yeah, lets get back to slagging off our owner who rescued us from obscurity! :lol:
How can I resist an invitation like that?
I don't remember him saving us from obscurity, Matt Burge bought the club as a going concern from Mariani Phillips. The taxman made Mr Burge bankrupt and he passed the club on to Paul Ragan, again, as a going concern. Whether Mr Ragan owns the club or is running it on a licence from Mr Burge (unsubstantiated rumour 1)
I don't kmow.
The most memorable thing Mr Ragan has done during his tenure was to buy Sheffield Steelers and continue to run them way over their realistic budget and the supposed wagecap effectively buying them a league title at the expense of the Devils. At the end of that season he bankrupt both clubs to the tune of over a million pounds worth of debt losing a rumoured £300k in season ticket monies in the process.
None of this was his fault of course as is normally the case. After a lot of pressure a fans forum was called at which one of Mr Ragans first statements was that he was not going to discuss Sheffield. Brent Pope then spent two hours feilding questions.
Mr Ragan also cut the Devils player budget the following year. Despite having record season ticket numbers, several sell outs and coming off the back of a world record winning streak HE PENALISED THE ONE SUCCESS OF THE YEAR.
The straw that broke the camels back for me was after Mr Ragan had attended two SORAC meetings he sent an email to the council dismissing any bids for the new ice rink from other parties (Shannon Hope was named) on behalf of SORAC and "this committee" As far as I am aware, Mr Ragan was never an actual member of SORAC nor was any ather committee formed.
We continually hear RUMOURS about suppliers, players and staff not getting paid (The equipment manager this week apparently) There have been wholly unsubstantiated mutterings about certain players leaving over indiscretions on ladies night and we are practically bombarded with rumblings about the DCF (what do they actually do? where does the money go? are they actually a charity? etc. All leading up to the latest (unsubstantiated rumour 2) that the DCF is to be wound up soon. This of course would lead to Brent being unemployed and maybe explain why this weeks rumours of Brent trying to manipulate the situation for his own ends have surfaced.

Finny

Gingers Husband said:
Mr Ragan also cut the Devils player budget the following year. Despite having record season ticket numbers, several sell outs and coming off the back of a world record winning streak HE PENALISED THE ONE SUCCESS OF THE YEAR.
To be fair though we did go bust in spectacular fashion. I don't think that it was too unexpected after liquidation that he would cut back on spending.

Finny

Jones72 said:
Finny said:
Charming. I ask a perfectly civil question and I get that response. ;:|
Dude...you've been on this forum for long enough, what do you expect?!

:twisted:
I was actually hoping osh would point me to something that rejigged my memory.
Having said that, I've finally found the thread that osh was on about:
http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2315

However, I can't see how it confirms what osh has said at all. In fact it seems to suggest the opposite.
It mentions the three year plan several times......but all with regards to Burge. Plus, the final year of that plan would have been the following year - which Burge never made it into.
Plus, why would we all be debating who the coach would be next season if Adams had a three year plan? And what was this three year plan?

Are you sure you didn't make a mistake osh?

Foxy

Finny said:
Gingers Husband said:
To be fair though we did go bust in spectacular fashion. I don't think that it was too unexpected after liquidation that he would cut back on spending.
But would we have gone bust if he hadnt have bought sheffield. I seriously doubt it.

Finny

We can never be certain, but I agree with you and doubt it.
However, I also think that we probably were overspending and needed to cut back. It would have been embarassing for us to go into liquidation and then a couple of months later spending big again.

I don't remember many people complaining that summer about a smaller budget ahead. We were just hoping to still have a team!