PAYMENTS STILL OUTSTANDING TO CARDIFF DEVILS’ PLAYERS!

DevilDom

Ragan has at least managed to do something no one else has for a while in seemingly uniting the fans. Absolutely gutted about this and now in the difficult position of paying for a ST that may end up being worth as much as Ragan's word (jack sh1t).

Finny

Welshy74 said:
And it looks the ones who have bought their ST already looks like are shafted and cant do nothing about it either
Didn't someone say they rang Future Financials back in March and they confirmed it would be possible to get a refund if they wanted?

I feel very sorry for those who have renewed and are worried they will lose their money. Though I'm optimistic that the law would be on their side and they'd get (most of) their money back.

Finny said:
Welshy74 said:
And it looks the ones who have bought their ST already looks like are shafted and cant do nothing about it either
Didn't someone say they rang Future Financials back in March and they confirmed it would be possible to get a refund if they wanted?

I feel very sorry for those who have renewed and are worried they will lose their money. Though I'm optimistic that the law would be on their side and they'd get (most of) their money back.
No one at this moment in time has received a season ticket, so if it goes tits up so to speak, hasn't Ragan shafted Future Financials? as you can't be expected to pay for something you haven't yet received via them.

Ocko

devils2001uk said:
The article still a bit vague and dose give too many facts or sourses for me

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
You're kidding me right? The sources are the players and the club themselves, the players have told CDRA they haven't been paid and the club haven't said a word when contacted - that's pretty good sources for me.

And facts? That is personal information in almost all cases. It's someone's salary, that isn't everyone's business and has no reason to be in the public domain.

The article is 9 paragraphs and explanation, what more do you want?

wildthing74

I can't believe some fans still have reservations and want figures quoted and who is owed what? This coming out at all was really last resort as some players are way more affected than others and feared getting nothing by speaking out.
I hope the club fix it but I am not holding my breath on that but either way our standing as a club is at stake if this doesn't get resolved.I know it shouldn't be down to the fans to bail the club out and help the players concerned but how good would it feel to be part of something that made this right?
This should be a wake up call for a lot of people and even if we are in for a torrid next season at least this awareness can stop it happening again.

I agree knowing the actually details is not for public debate, its an issue for the people involved.

I would like to know though are we in the thousands or tens of thousands, I'd be surprised if the amount is in the low thousands, that would indicate Ragan is deep in the dooh dooh or is actually very backward when it comes to money and Public relations, it would have been wise to pay up just to alleviate public disdain had it got out, well that boat has sailed.

The statement due on Tuesday is likely to deny the rumour and contain a few reasons why etc etc.

I feel the courts are needed to give judgement on the subject, I would be surprised if there is reasonable grounds to withhold payments that Ragan would not at least look into the CDRA statement and look towards any issues with that.

Until either party actually involves the courts I don't believe we will know, I cannot see Ragan simply handing over the cash as that admits liability and players if there owed money should at least go to court to get a Judgement against Ragan, then we would know for sure.

Its an easy situation to move forward and it needs to happen sooner rather than later, for all involved.

Petercw said:
I've just read the statement from CDRA with great interest having been a Devils supporter for over 25 years. To make such a statement I would expect a lot more detail about who is owed money, how much, when is it owed from? This information then becomes the evidence from which we the devils fans who aren't 'in the know' can make a fair judgement on the rights and wrongs of this awful situation. Regan claims he has paid the players in full, just to now say 'we now know he hasn't' is a long way short of the information we need to know I'm afraid.

What a load of twaddle ! You say you have been a supporter for over 25 years......
Then how come you forget that Jon Pelle didn't resign for us because Ragan moved him out of his flat, whilst he was on holiday, and put him into a bedsit with no internet access which Pelle needed to complete his Uni course. Ragan even had his belongings stored in the offices in boxes until Pelle came back from his holiday or Brad Voth flying home a week before Stevie Lyle's testermonial and not playing in it but Ragan bought raffle tickets and bid on Voth's shirt at the testermonial dinner the night before the game. Then Ragan wouldn't give the raffle winners the first prize, a pair of season tickets, as he said this hadn't been agreed with him. Stevie Lyle even offered to pay for the tickets out of his own pocket as he felt so embarrassed .
Finally what about the DCF ice fees not being paid for quite a while yet there are over 150 kids whose family pay £55 per month not to mention the Learn to Play who paid £10 a session but were never given a receipt as this went straight into the back pocket of Pope first and then Ragan once Pope became general manager, thus robbing the VAT and HRMC.
If you want the names and details of how much they are paid I suggest you start the ball rolling by putting YOUR NAME, DETAILS OF WHERE YOU WORK AND YOUR SALARY on here first !
Posts like yours are an insult to the CDRA Supporters Club and every real Devils fan !

Mods why are you letting posts like the one above on here as all it does is incite peoples anger !
If you want to ban people like me and Jody for being passionate about the way fans, sponsors and players are being treated by Ragan and sometimes we get a bit heated in our replies to idiots,and yes that's what they are, who post stuff like this then go ahead and ban me.

Ocko

Mooney#16 said:
The creditors (of which the players are some) are in a no win situation really and they have my sympathy. No point taking a run at the company legally as as people have said it will be liquidation and after tax and accountants fees they get pennies anyway. The money is gone. Where its gone heaven only knows.

One light if I might though. I would start petitioning the league asap to via an EGM write in an operating cluase that if a league owner takes his team into liquidation the franchise becomes void and the only way to get it back or retain it is submit your fee and business case once again to the remaining board members and have it approved again. Hence if they try the phoenix trick they truely do lose all assets. Not sure of its legal grounding but it would sure make the owners wake up to running their teams in the correct manner as they actually stood to lose a real terms monetary asset not just allow the liabilities to rest with their creditors.

Then the creditors would at least have an avenue of threat to bring the ownership to the table.
Mooney hits the nail on the head there. The EIHL must take action against teams who run themselves into the ground only to phoenix as a way of getting out of paying creditors - especially if those creditors are the players which are registered under the EIHL banner. They have a duty to protect players as much as possible on the ice, why not off it?

If Ragan, and any other owner, does not pay their players immediately his franchise should be taken off him and put out to tender again. He is unfit to operate a club.

It's about time the league started acting in the interests of fans, players and the sport itself rather than an old boys club full of cover ups. It cannot be ignored.

I can't understand why people find it so unreasonable that I and others want to understand the extent of the problem?
I don't want to know each individual and the pounds, shillings and pence owed but at least something like 'we know of 2 players owed a weeks salary' or 'half the squad are owed a months salary' or 'all the squad have not been paid 50% of their salaries over the whole of last season.'
Many fans aren't 'in the know' and don't know any of the details quoted about Pelle, Voth, Lyle, DCF etc etc but do need the information that backs up the statement.
Its not an unreasonable request!

Sheincar

I've emailed the EIHL and hopefully a lot more of you will do the same. As has been said I personally don't need to know the amounts owed to each player but would like some idea of the global target we're aiming for. This should include any sums owed to Blight Hill and Adams.

Ocko

Petercw, if it was just one or two players owed a weeks wages or don't you think it would have been sorted by now. Would the club really be that stupid for things to get this far over a few hundred quid/a grand or so? The fact the club are unable to pay it and stop this getting out so publicly, alludes to it being a considerable sum of money.

Regardless of amounts, it doesn't make it right. I would certainly have a massive problem with my employer if they didn't pay me a days wages let along weeks/months and expenses. Put yourself in the position of the player before trying to downplay it.

Ocko

Sheincar said:
I've emailed the EIHL and hopefully a lot more of you will do the same. As has been said I personally don't need to know the amounts owed to each player but would like some idea of the global target we're aiming for. This should include any sums owed to Blight Hill and Adams.
Which address did you sent it to? I think I'll be doing the same.

I encourage others to also do this; the integrity and history of our club, that many fans, players and coaches have built, is at stake.