PAYMENTS STILL OUTSTANDING TO CARDIFF DEVILS’ PLAYERS!

Ocko said:
Petercw, if it was just one or two players owed a weeks wages or don't you think it would have been sorted by now. Would the club really be that stupid for things to get this far over a few hundred quid/a grand or so? The fact the club are unable to pay it and stop this getting out so publicly, alludes to it being a considerable sum of money.

Regardless of amounts, it doesn't make it right. I would certainly have a massive problem with my employer if they didn't pay me a days wages let along weeks/months and expenses. Put yourself in the position of the player before trying to downplay it.
No attempt to downplay it whatsoever just an attempt to try and understand the extent of the problem which hasn't been given in the original statement. I reiterate that such a statement needs to have more information within it to back it up.
Whether it is 1 penny or £50,000 it is not right.
Why are people seemingly so angry that I want some basic level of detail?
Can anyone help me with some facts?

Finny said:
The club are issuing a statement tomorrow. Only fair we give them a chance to confirm the full value owed.

I don't think the amount owed is so much of an issue to the fans, it is more of an issue for the individuals that are out of pocket, the main issue for me is that the club lied in their answers to the CDRA when these issues were being raised in February, so why should they be believed in any statement or announcement in the future.

The fanbase needs to wake up before it can move on united

If fans are being asked to donate money to pay for the short fall it is reasonable to ask how much is required, more or less, after all what is the point in people donating a couple of hundred pound collectively when they need tens of thousands, there is little point in donate a £5 here and a £10 there.

If its a large amount of money, the players should have grouped together and done something about it, easy said than done, but what is the point in playing for a person who has no pride or shame, how any of the guys didn't shove a stick up his little arse, they must have some self control, the temptation to at least trip the little twat up, I don't think I could have stopped myself. :twisted:

What is the chances of Whistle coming back on knowing players haven't been paid & may not get paid, I bet we won't be getting a phone interview on this subject any time soon.

If it was me I'd stay in Canada and forget UK hockey for a few yrs.

Perhaps there should be a Players association ( Union ) that approve and hold copies of contracts and ensure they are adhered to. If the league won't represent/look after players playing in it, then maybe its time for someone else to. Perhaps Panthers sponsors GMB would oversee this and enrol all league players in to their Union and employ Marc Twaite as players representative

mazza03

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Perhaps there should be a Players association ( Union ) that approve and hold copies of contracts and ensure they are adhered to. If the league won't represent/look after players playing in it, then maybe its time for someone else to. Perhaps Panthers sponsors GMB would oversee this and enrol all league players in to their Union and employ Marc Twaite as players representative
This is something that I think should happen sooner rather than later.

Finny said:
The club are issuing a statement tomorrow. Only fair we give them a chance to confirm the full value owed.
Some people won't be fair , they been saying that players a it been paid for years with no creditable source to back them up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Foxy

devils2001uk said:
Finny said:
Some people won't be fair , they been saying that players a it been paid for years with no creditable source to back them up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
How much more reliable source do you want if the players themselves have said they havnt been paid!!!!!!!

Paul Sullivan

A few salient points have been in sharp refocus in the past few days, for me.

1) Paul Ragan has not only lied, but used a well-meaning group of fans who supported him financially and voluntarily to further his lies. Disgusting behaviour and I do, and always have, felt for CDRA for their unwitting part in that. What a way to treat those who have helped you the most.

2) The total amount owed to players should be the most detail that is generally released. Individual amounts would be insensitive to make public, imho. The amount owed by Bob in the last ISL season was around £70k. The sad, pathetic truth we now face is that this number is a fraction of that, showing just how destitute a situation Ragan has steered us into. Again. I am sure this number will be made public in due course by CDRA once any panic payments that may or may not have occurred recently show up.

3) Fundraising (Part 1) I am 100% behind this and have offered my personal and professional support to CDRA in any way I can. However I feel strongly, as I believe they do (I do NOT attempt to speak for them in any way) that this can be achieved without a begging bowl. Let's put on some fun, entertaining events that offer value for money as standalone activities. Just so happens the money is going to the players.
(Part II) - in terms of raising funds for a legal battle? Well, Ragan already has a couple of those. Besides, as Devils legend Russell Jenkins taught me - you can only sue someone with the money to pay you in the end. I would hate to see fans' money spent on legal counsel that for whatever reason failed to recoup, and the boys - and now fans - are still out of pocket.
Totally understand anyone who cannot or does not wish to pay Ragan's debts. I don't want to either. But maybe if we could get value for money for our attendance then nobody loses out?

4) Player signings. Don't be fooled should a couple materialise. Several players were born here, or settled here, or simply love it here. They have also had incredible support from many Devils fans and sponsors and have the best City in the UK in which to be an EIHL player. There are a lot of 'hearts and minds' reasons to sign even though you have been screwed for the whole of the last season. Sorry for shouting this next bit but:

PLAYER SIGNINGS DO NOT MAKE THINGS OK. They are a smokescreen and a diversion. Like the Whistle 'signing' and the multi-year deals that have been thrown around.

5) The DCF / juniors. Whole other heap of troubles. Suffice to say that managing to make Planet Ice benevolent and generous should be all you need to know about the inept running of the DCF. But then if I were in the hole for over £30k for stationery and admin I might struggle too...

6) Taxi for Ragan. It is known that others have made bids for the Club in the recent past. I doubt the absence of Ragan would create an EIHL hockey vacuum in Cardiff. Especially with the new 'Stadium' on the way (FACT!). Let's not let the perceived fear of 'no Ragan = no hockey' deter us from stopping this lying, morally bankrupt management from benefitting from the fruits of the labours of SORAC, Cardiff Council, Ice Arena Wales and Greenbank.

kettdevil1

Wannabe2 said:
Wasnt there a players union years ago that Ian Cooper was involved in.
Yes, the AGM used to be at the Maple Leaf in Covent garden and at its height it had the majority of players involved....the Superleague rather dented its ambitions though, too many transient players. Might be worth resurrecting now though.

DevilDom

Anybody have any idea what time the BS will be released from the club? Interested to see how Ragan will try and wriggle out of this.

Wannabe2

What a complete shambles, at a time we should all be rejoicing about our new home, we have to deal with all this crap.How to destroy a very proud club in record time shame on everyone of them, Great club, great city, awesome fans, and this nonsense to have to put up with.We await the announcment with baited breath.

Back to an event whilst the club chews over what to tell us.

As well as a game, I would love an It's an icy knockout type of event.

You could have a mix of adult, DCF, sledge, rec players in the teams and generally have a laugh. I would also love to see a party trick / showboating section with this.

With Sully at the mike, we could make it one big party.

Temme

Brent Pope back as D man- and to be the only paid player on the team this season :lol:

here is it:

Following on from Saturdays statement issued by the CDRA the Cardiff Devils would like to confirm its stance on the matter.

‘The Statement Issued by the CDRA contains information that is of a confidential matter and will be dealt with internally. As with any other business, the Cardiff Devils operate contracts of employment between employer and employee and contained within these contracts are terms stating to any procedures of grievances should any employee feel they have. The Cardiff Devils fully support these procedures and would adhere to these terms if ever a grievance has been presented to the club.

The business of the Cardiff Devils, just like any other organisation will not be discussed publically and the Cardiff Devils will issue no further comment regarding this matter.’

wildthing74

So the players are wrong for raising the issue and breaking confidentiality but not the club wrong for not paying up.Will be interesting when the players air their version.Really poor effort Cardiff Devils.