PAYMENTS STILL OUTSTANDING TO CARDIFF DEVILS’ PLAYERS!

Sheincar

Finny said:
Unless the EIHL grow some balls and kick him out, I can see this season being pretty much a write-off. With a squad made up of a couple of imports, a couple of the local brits and the rest made up from the junior devils.

Bottom place it is.

Anyone renewing their season ticket before May 31st?
No chance.

Wannabe2

Okay so the awaiting statement from the club is no comment, surprisingly enough when the going gets tough, the tough shoot off. So there we have it folks, Unbelievable.

Been away and just got back to read the latest CDRA announcement and Club response.
I am deeply disappointed and shocked.
I have questioned the methods, motives and possible consequences on the club, in a previous post, of “militia” accusations and exposures in the media, which clearly now had some authenticity.
Congratulations to CDRA for challenging PR club management on these financial and ethical issues in the way explained in the statement. The club’s response, although as expected in these situations, does nothing to give assurance that things will be put right or to alleviate fears for the coming season. I am now also concerned about Dave Whistle’s position. I would not be at all surprised to hear of an ownership change in the very near future.

If you want Ragan out of business, everybody simply don't go into the rink, protest outside, don't buy tickets, e mail sponsors and everybody pull support for Ragan.

I would though make damn sure the money is owed to players and have judgement made by a court, it may not get their money back, but it'll remove the possibility of Ragan issuing proceedings against people for slander, its all very well players stating their owed money, you have to make sure the people are right, I hope the CDRA have absolute evidence, otherwise this is gonna cost them.

Then once judgement is proven, people stop going, I'd give it 2-3 months before the Devils is out of business,

No other person I believe is willing to buy the Devils, nobody that the fans would want anyway.

Wales has a Billionaire, who is half Canadian, if he is not interested, nobody is.

The only way l see this and other issues with other clubs from being eradicated is to have fan based ownership, similar in format to many UK football clubs and some North American, Canadian Ice Hockey clubs of the Devils size which run for no profit and run in a community manner with a board of elected people to run the club full time.

Example here.

http://www.kitchenerrangers.com/

February 2014

CDRA Question: Can the Club assure fans that all players have been paid by the Club everything that they are owed for salary and any expenses for sticks, kit, skates, travel, etc, incurred?

Club Answer: Yes, and they always have been.I would like to meet any players who claim we have failed to meet our obligations financially, as I know of NONE!

May 2014

Following on from Saturdays statement issued by the CDRA the Cardiff Devils would like to confirm its stance on the matter.

‘The Statement Issued by the CDRA contains information that is of a confidential matter and will be dealt with internally. As with any other business, the Cardiff Devils operate contracts of employment between employer and employee and contained within these contracts are terms stating to any procedures of grievances should any employee feel they have. The Cardiff Devils fully support these procedures and would adhere to these terms if ever a grievance has been presented to the club.

The business of the Cardiff Devils, just like any other organisation will not be discussed publically and the Cardiff Devils will issue no further comment regarding this matter.’

They could answer that question in February but claim confidentiality in May WTF?

Ocko

The coming season is edging closer and closer to being like 'that' season again.

I think Ragan is underestimating what this club is about. We didn't stand for it in 2001 and I'd like to think we won't stand for it now. There will be no winners in such a thing but Ragan most certainly won't come out of this with any glory (or money).

James said:
I assume that statement is under advice from a solicitor.
A solicitor with no grasp of the English language then. What on earth does "stating to any procedures of grievances" actually mean??

Looks like an internal cop out to me, not professionally drafted.

That statement Mr Regan has certainly reassured me that everything is ok!
It's reassured me that much,that my season ticket money will stay in my bank till you depart from our club.

Ocko

James said:
I assume that statement is under advice from a solicitor.
I can't believe you think Ragan can afford a solicitor and also that isn't anything other than him trying (badly) to dodge a bullet and has no answer. :DWD

I half expected Mr Ragan to at least come back with something half decent as an excuse after a couple of days thinking time but giving out a load of waffle doesn't impress anyone. I can't help thinking it is a bit weird... It doesn't sound like it is tens of thousands of £ so I find it hard to believe he can't scrape the money together from somewhere but presumably is being a bit pig headed and trying to get out of paying a few expenses which he doesn't think are due. However, as an apparently successful businessman, how does upsetting the majority of the fan base when season ticket money is due help anyone?

Earnie

It was not a top drawer statement from PR but until someone comes up with some actual believable figures, I am going to reserve judgement on this one.

Earnie said:
It was not a top drawer statement from PR but until someone comes up with some actual believable figures, I am going to reserve judgement on this one.
Why do people bang on about needing to know figures?
All people need to know is that numerous players are owed money!
I can honestly say this course of action by CDRA wouldn't have been thrown out there on a whim!
I know Mr & Mrs Wildthing personally & also John Donovan and you couldn't meet more genuine & honest people along I'm sure with the rest of CDRA .
So if they are stating players are owed money that is good enough for me irrelevant of exact pounds and pence.
Ultimately regardless of amounts wether £1 or £1,000.00 ....... They should have been paid and until the minority of fans who refuse to face the truth regarding the shambolic way in which our club is being run wake up, we as a fan base will never be able to unite and get this club back on its feet (Again!)

buzzwagon said:
Earnie said:
I can honestly say this course of action by CDRA wouldn't have been thrown out there on a whim!
I know Mr & Mrs Wildthing personally & also John Donovan and you couldn't meet more genuine & honest people along I'm sure with the rest of CDRA .
So if they are stating players are owed money that is good enough for me irrelevant of exact pounds and pence.
Ultimately regardless of amounts wether £1 or £1,000.00 ....... They should have been paid and until the minority of fans who refuse to face the truth regarding the shambolic way in which our club is being run wake up, we as a fan base will never be able to unite and get this club back on its feet (Again!)

The CDRA was originally the idea of Ragan to replace the old CDSL supporters club and took a lot of stick for being Ragan's mouthpiece. I understand that they had several differences of opinin over the season although not public. It seems now that they have never been puppets of Ragan and the first time they disagreed with him publicly he wants to cut them loose.

It is all about contol with him, he couldn't control the CDSL so he replaced them and now he treats their replacements in the same way, it just shows what difficulties the previous CDSL encountered.

To me a supporters club should be for the supporters, a booster club raises funds for the club. He wanted the CDRA to be a booster club and no longer wanted to deal with them when they acted as a supporters club should.

If he manages to wriggle out of all this and holds on to the club, it will be interesting to see if he manages to Phoenix a new supporters club

Foxy

jodysstillagirlsname said:
buzzwagon said:
Earnie said:

The CDRA was originally the idea of Ragan to replace the old CDSL supporters club and took a lot of stick for being Ragan's mouthpiece. I understand that they had several differences of opinin over the season although not public. It seems now that they have never been puppets of Ragan and the first time they disagreed with him publicly he wants to cut them loose.

It is all about contol with him, he couldn't control the CDSL so he replaced them and now he treats their replacements in the same way, it just shows what difficulties the previous CDSL encountered.

To me a supporters club should be for the supporters, a booster club raises funds for the club. He wanted the CDRA to be a booster club and no longer wanted to deal with them when they acted as a supporters club should.

If he manages to wriggle out of all this and holds on to the club, it will be interesting to see if he manages to Phoenix a new supporters club
Which is why the limited company was set up for the old supporters club in the first place. To protect the monies raised from owners like this but once again people knew better.....