Penalty question

Thread starter #1
Sorry if this is a bit of a burkish question but can someone explain the difference (if any) between a match penalty and a game penalty?

Ta.

James

Administrator
Game penalty means you miss the rest of the game ie. sent to the dressing room early
Match penalty means you miss the rest of the game and also the entirety of the next game.

Koop11

While we’re talking penalties, Hartwick and Romfo received a match ban for taking a major penalty in the last 2 minutes of the game (that is correct yes?). This rule was brought into the league towards the end of last season (mid season rules changes – nice one Elite League) as I understand that Rushton received this penalty.

I was told that during the Giants v Steelers game on Sky last week there was a fight in the last 2 mins of the game (I didn’t watch it programme). If that is the case, surely a fight brings a 5 minute major and therefore the players in question should have missed the next game?

A friend of mine brought this so my attention on Saturday but like I said, I didn’t see the game so cannot comment. Can anyone clarify.

Gazza272

Koop11 said:
While we’re talking penalties, Hartwick and Romfo received a match ban for taking a major penalty in the last 2 minutes of the game (that is correct yes?). This rule was brought into the league towards the end of last season (mid season rules changes – nice one Elite League) as I understand that Rushton received this penalty.

I was told that during the Giants v Steelers game on Sky last week there was a fight in the last 2 mins of the game (I didn’t watch it programme). If that is the case, surely a fight brings a 5 minute major and therefore the players in question should have missed the next game?

A friend of mine brought this so my attention on Saturday but like I said, I didn’t see the game so cannot comment. Can anyone clarify.

They just missed out Koop, it was actually in the last five minutes of the game, on 56 minutes. Technically though Basiuk did miss the next game as the scrap messed up his shoulder which meant he didnt ice against us this weekend.