Period Break Duration

Ocko

Thread starter #1
Why is it 18 minutes? Seems to go on forever.

Every other team seems to do 15 minutes (which in itself feels like it really dragged on), as it always used to be for us too.

solelace84

Why is it 18 minutes? Seems to go on forever.

Every other team seems to do 15 minutes (which in itself feels like it really dragged on), as it always used to be for us too.
Considering the length of time it takes to get anything from the cafeteria or the bar ... 18 mins is ok IMO!

Ocko

Thread starter #4
I know that, and I know NHL use 17. We just always used to be 15 minutes.

What I was wondering if there was an actual reason like ice takes too long to dry etc.

kingmo19.1

If the club must drag it out to 18 long boring minutes, any chance of putting some entertainment on the screens? Maybe play some of those Devils Flashback clips, summary of previous seasons etc.

Once you've seen chuck a puck and zorb football a few times it does get rather boring!

wildthing74

Seems even longer in Fife and Braehead. Good as an away fan to get to the bar but it would annoy the hell out of me if it was same every week.Definately feels around 20 mins plus.

Because there's more of an entertainment part in today's sports world ,where the teams have contests or games between periods, you need time for the ice to dry. In the NHL all arenas are required to have 2 Zamboni's and they all have entertainment in between periods so they've stretched out the intermissions to 18 min. But more importantly , I suspect if any of the teams in the Elite league own the concessions, it gives them more time to sell more beer, hot dogs, popcorn etc. I'm not sure if the Devils own the concessions or not

If the club must drag it out to 18 long boring minutes, any chance of putting some entertainment on the screens? Maybe play some of those Devils Flashback clips, summary of previous seasons etc.

Once you've seen chuck a puck and zorb football a few times it does get rather boring!
I agree with Kingmo. I personaly feel 18 mins is just enough time to get everything you need, but if you do stay at your seat it would be pretty cool to watch clips, action replays etc.