Petr Cech

Kevlar68

Thread starter #1
Loan move to giants. Could be a smart move for boost of shirt sales. Chelsea legend, buy a shirt, get it signed, nice collectors shirt.

Last edited:

fridaysfingers

On the other hand with recent circumstances giving hockey a lot of bad press it could be looked at as a welcome diversion.
I mean this as the press around the case around Matt Petgrave not the tragic incident itself

moggy#9

On the other hand with recent circumstances giving hockey a lot of bad press it could be looked at as a welcome diversion.
I mean this as the press around the case around Matt Petgrave not the tragic incident itself
I agree that something other than the recent tragedy is welcome. But, what sort of message does it send to the hockey world about the quality of the league when a 41 year old steps up from what's basically a rec league to one of the top teams in the country.

What's hilarious is the deluded Belfast fans who think that this is a good signing.

jenks33

As I posted on another thread - a cheap publicity gimmick to divert attention. It's the sort of thing that makes the league look a joke.
Agree with you, what a silly gimmick. Having said that it’s 100% the type of thing Todd Kelman would do so I won’t say too much.

moggy#9

Agree with you, what a silly gimmick. Having said that it’s 100% the type of thing Todd Kelman would do so I won’t say too much.
I really hope you're seeing that Todd would do something like that. What it does show though is the need for proper management and governance in the league. Whatever next? Holding raffles for day contracts to sit on the bench in games?

I agree that something other than the recent tragedy is welcome. But, what sort of message does it send to the hockey world about the quality of the league when a 41 year old steps up from what's basically a rec league to one of the top teams in the country.

What's hilarious is the deluded Belfast fans who think that this is a good signing.
Oh well, it is Pantomime season after all!!

Cue standard repost!

Wannabe2

So you got Petr on the bench, who is a rec player at the best and taking up a import slot hence having 1 import outskater less, don’t get it myself.

ASHIPP

So you got Petr on the bench, who is a rec player at the best and taking up a import slot hence having 1 import outskater less, don’t get it myself.
Am sure I read somewhere (on EIHL website I think) that his loan signing does not impact on their import situation. Is this because its likely Whistle is back, as suggested within 2 weeks? Cech is just fulfilling the need to have a backup available.
What goalie is going to come in just for that period of time?

moggy#9

Am sure I read somewhere (on EIHL website I think) that his loan signing does not impact on their import situation. Is this because its likely Whistle is back, as suggested within 2 weeks? Cech is just fulfilling the need to have a backup available.
Erm, just about any goalie in the national League looking to step up.

Finny

The EIHL website confirms that as he’s an emergency backup he won’t count towards their max number of roster signings.
Although it doesn’t say so, I’d imagine he counts towards their match day import limit of 15.

The EIHL website confirms that as he’s an emergency backup he won’t count towards their max number of roster signings.
Although it doesn’t say so, I’d imagine he counts towards their match day import limit of 15.
Yeah according to the FlashScore match line-ups last night Belfast iced 14 imports plus Cech

Wannabe2

That’s what’s I thought.