Play the game

Thread starter #1
Just wondering of anyone here goes to the "play the game" at the rink. I was thinking of giving ice hockey a go again this summer but was unsure of the skill level required, i havnt played in years and even then i was just learning how to skate. Right now my skating if ok, I can hockey stop and go backwards (not that fast). Have any of you guys been?

Also planning to start going to learn the game in the next couple of weeks from what I was told from a friend who plays as long as you can skate around a bit they will teach you the rest like hockey stop and going backwards etc so it sounds like you are above par!

CardiffdevilsCaswell said:
Sounds cool, thanks for the replies.
Looks like i just need to stop being lazy and make the trip down to the rink!
Adult or Junior ?

Juniors (U18s) are every Wednesday 7pm - 8pm
Adults (18s +) are every wednesday 8.15-9.15 and Fridays 6.15-7.15
We have all the kit, you can borrow for the sessions, having your own skates would be great but theres always the delightful blue wellies from skate hire ;) Its £10 per session.

You dont have to be amazing at skating and the best way to learn is jump on and give it a go Riss, Bethan and Russ do the LTP come down and say Hi :D

Planning to come to learn to play for the first time on Friday got my own helmet skates and stick from pro line so be nice to me I'm already nervous I'll look a fool!

Thread starter #7
It's the adult session I'm going to. I'm guna be at the wednesday practice next week. I have managed to accumulate almost full kit but I'm lacking a helmet atm. Is it full contact?

Jones72

Non-checking, but that's not to say it doesn't get up close and personal at times. It is hockey, after all. Be prepared to end up on the ice at some point or another...whether that's because of a stumble, trip over the blue line, collision (accidental, usually), or just your legs giving way through sheer fatigue!

Is it the case that both sexes play together as my two 14 year old daughters and a couple of their friends were thinking of coming down? Whats the minimum age for the U18's?

Me and wife were thinking of giving it a go but i declined cos theres no checking!!! :lol: (Hope she doesnt read this :shock: )

D

Deleted member 1337

hi the snab;
the minimum age' are:
over 18's 18 :lol:
under 17's is 10
under 10 is god knows (i think probably 3)