Playoff Final

ASHIPP

Thread starter #1
Blaze just beat Giants in a semifinal so. Congratulations to the Blaze. Bet Stewart played a blinder. Weber has certainly enabled his team to raise their game.

Tough narrow loss for Stingrays in a v close semifinal against Steelers who are unfortunately
through to the final.

Anyone wearing a skyblue jersey for tomorrow? Will most 'neutrals' be supporting the Blaze.

mazza03

I feel for the Rays, thanks to a stupid penalty call from the ref 30 secs from time, why would he do that when he hadn't called anything all game? Oh I know shuff were losing it. :oops:

Gough60

Stingrays so unlucky. May even have watched final if they or giants got through.
Cant bring myself to watch Roy and his synchronized diving team, and I think you know where I stand with the blaze.
I WILL BE CUTTING THE GRASS, with a smile on my face with memories of a C Cup win at the house of rust, and probably one of the best season of Devils hockey in a long while.
BRING ON NEXT SEASON. :RAWK

Thank god for that, so half of the teams in the league win some form of honour (league, cup, playoffs, 2x conference) I'm trying to work out if I think this is a good or bad thing

D

Deleted member 1337

Another awful dive from Roy, then he kicks Stewart's stick away, and then Hewitt runs Stewwy, same old steelers...
EIHL will be getting an email ref. divings, even though it won't make any difference in officiating it'll make me feel better!

On a side note, will be able to use video reviews in the new arena? As we havs seen, it can make a big difference in games

Earnie

Highlight of the PO weekend:-

Sheffield loosing

Well done to Coventry. They deserved it .

Will think of some more highlights tomorrow.

osh

Not quite the same feeling attending a PO weekend when your team isn't involved, but big congratulations to Coventry it has to be said. They fully deserved their win and fair play to their fans and particularly their coach who got his team to play just at the right time of the season. Stingrays can hold their heads high as I thought they were deserving of more, felt sorry for their fans as they are a great bunch !
The weekend proved how close teams are to each other in standard of play, which is good for the league as a whole I think.

youngbob

mazza03 said:
I feel for the Rays, thanks to a stupid penalty call from the ref 30 secs from time, why would he do that when he hadn't called anything all game? Oh I know shuff were losing it. :oops:
I was thinking the same, until someone pointed out that the holding denied Sheffield a clear scoring opportunity, right in front of goal, rather than the mid-ice "let them get on with it"

still thought Hull put in a great performance, any skills difference between them and Sheffield was countered by the incredible effort they put in

youngbob said:
mazza03 said:
I was thinking the same, until someone pointed out that the holding denied Sheffield a clear scoring opportunity, right in front of goal, rather than the mid-ice "let them get on with it"

still thought Hull put in a great performance, any skills difference between them and Sheffield was countered by the incredible effort they put in

I was sitting bang in the middle of the Rays block on Sat & Sun - what a great bunch of fans, very friendly and really passionate.

Was gutted for them in the way they were denied.

My new second team :)