Playoff rules

Tad#

Thread starter #1
restrictions to the EIHL event this weekend, here are the following restrictions: -

· No air horns or musical instruments

· No flag poles or large umbrellas

· No food or drink allowed unless purchased on site

· No large bags

· No glass bottles

· No weapons

why no instruments? I can understand the rest but what's the harm of drums? they've been there before haven't they?
Been told the mascots are NOT going there either.

Tad# said:
restrictions to the EIHL event this weekend, here are the following restrictions: -

· No large bags

· No glass bottles

· No weapons

why no instruments? I can understand the rest but what's the harm of drums? they've been there before haven't they?
No can't be true!

I'll try and smuggle a noisy little number in!

but what about Lucy?

Gazza272

Tad# said:

· No large bags

· No glass bottles

· No weapons

You missed the biggest rule out NO FUN ALLOWED! :roll:

Chris

Administrator
Those rules are more or less the same as every other venue in the league aren't they, and probably the same for almost every venue in the country if you read the back of the tickets.

The no instrument rule isn't down to the Panthers, it's something to do with the arena as far as I know, the Panthers have been trying to get instruments allowed, I was unfortunate enough to attend one of the games where they were in and the fans just didn't join in.

As for the mascots, I fail to see the issue really. There's clearly a reason why they're not coming this year but people seem to be practically bursting a vein over them not being there...

Chris.

Tad#

Thread starter #6
Gazza272 said:
Tad# said:

· No large bags

· No glass bottles

· No weapons

You missed the biggest rule out NO FUN ALLOWED! :roll:
Yeah I know, most venues have some of these rules, but they've got even takin drums out. I really don't get way no mascots allowed, thats just plain weird all they do is keep fans entertained, there allowed in every other sport.

Chris

Administrator
Drums aren't allowed throughout the season usually, arena rules and i've no idea why.

The last time I saw them at the playoffs was when we were sat next to Belfast, maybe 2-3 seasons ago and whoever brought them in was asked to stop playing, the steward even took the drum sticks away from the guy in the end.

The rules do indeed suck, but they're the same every year.

Chris.

Rempel16

I think the Elite League has it's own mascot this year.

Shame, because the mascots (and Gordie the Gorilla especially) usually make the weekend

James

Administrator
I like the fact they felt the need to add no weapons. Isn't that a given. They don't say no class a drugs, are they ok? As for instuments who's up for smuggling in kazoos and playing the great escape or colonel bogey till they confiscate them :)

Tad# said:

· No large bags

· No glass bottles

· No weapons

because nottingham are through, we had this problem a few seasons ago, first 3 years i went we could take the drums, as nottingham didn't qualify, the year after they got through and all of a suddern a mystical drum ban came about, so i havent botherd, nottingham have something against fans makeing a good atmosphere (library) better (devils tent :twisted: ) :roll:, technically the league take over the rink for the weekend and nottingham have no say but its hard to prove these things