POFW 22/23

nicky27

Any more news on how and when tickets are going on sale yet as it stated next Monday (31.10) as the date they went on sale but nothing since

matbur

I wasn't going to go but my daughter has not been before and would love to go, but hotel prices are coming in at around £300-£350 quid! That's even before food, petrol etc... I don't know if I can justify paying so much for two days of hockey. I wonder if living costs are going to be a barrier to people going this year.

Wannabe2

Holiday Inn booked after last years Finals, for this year 2 nights £200, book now £ 400, talking about £800/£1000 for two adults all in.

kettdevil1

I wasn't going to go but my daughter has not been before and would love to go, but hotel prices are coming in at around £300-£350 quid! That's even before food, petrol etc... I don't know if I can justify paying so much for two days of hockey. I wonder if living costs are going to be a barrier to people going this year.
It's a major concern - as a general point, although it means a longer trip at the end of the night, staying further down the tram or train line can massively cut hotel costs. As you say, those closer in are hideously expensive

Diafol

Me too.
I've done POFW for about 12/13 years on the trot so I'll be gutted not to go, but as Kingmo says, that sort of cash will pay for a week in the sunshine rather than a weekend in Nottingham.

Granted, the tickets are more reasonable this year but the hotels are ridiculously priced.

Last edited:

matbur

I managed to get myself and 2 kids in at £279 at Premier Inn which is 20 minute walk from arena and includes free breakfasts for them. Best I found by long shot.

Earnie

Not much said about sale of tickets for Nottingham POWE. I assume therefore that people got what they wanted without too much fuss. If that is the case then good call by Devils management in leaving it all at Nottingham.

kettdevil1

Not much said about sale of tickets for Nottingham POWE. I assume therefore that people got what they wanted without too much fuss. If that is the case then good call by Devils management in leaving it all at Nottingham.
Given we live in 2022 and automated ticket programmes are pretty advanced I am always amazed when it is not done this way. There are a few frustrations (such as not being able to select the seat you want and hence you have to do a bit of trial and error to get what you want) but..... I got mine from the comfort of home and it took about 5 minutes