Pope on Eurosport?

Thread starter #1
Off topic I know but is Brent commentating on Eurosport 2 (on the baseball) right now because it sounds like him!

Staying on the topic of Brent's commentary, does anyone other than myself think that he'd be a great main commentator on the Sky Sports show? I think he does a much better job than Simms (although I think Simms' talent may lie in being the presenter or and maybe the 'colour' commentator too).

Jones72

El Supremo said:
Off topic I know but is Brent commentating on Eurosport 2 (on the baseball) right now because it sounds like him!

Staying on the topic of Brent's commentary, does anyone other than myself think that he'd be a great main commentator on the Sky Sports show? I think he does a much better job than Simms (although I think Simms' talent may lie in being the presenter or and maybe the 'colour' commentator too).
Hey Brent, how's it going? :p

Finny

El Supremo said:
Staying on the topic of Brent's commentary, does anyone other than myself think that he'd be a great main commentator on the Sky Sports show? I think he does a much better job than Simms
I think the fact that Pope does the commentary of the Winter Olympics for the BBC and not Simms, probably answers your question. ;)

James

Administrator
I suspect jealousy of that fact also works against him when it comes to Sky. There is no doubt though that a professional player with good sound game knowledge and a competent oratory manner would be of more use than a biased squeeky brummie. However the production unit is based in Sheffield which possibly makes it less practical for Brent as is the fact he has an official capacity at the Devils which despite all his bluster, I don't think Mr Simms actually has at the Steelers other than game night announcer.

Russky

No contest - Brent wins hands down! Sims isnt even in the same league! I would learn more from 5 minutes from Brent's commentary than a whole season of games commentated by Simmsy!

Wannabe2

Not many commentators could hold a candle to Brent, he is a real natural, he has the knowledge, presence, and a voice to hold the listeners.