Praise for Jay

Koop11

Thread starter #6
I’d love to think I will be back playing for Cardiff again next season’

Ok, a typical throw away comment for any sportsman to make towards the end of a season but I like to think that Jay is being sincere. I really hope the club will offer Jay a contract for 2009/2010. We have some great players on this team. Hard working and gritty as hell but when you talk about raw talent, Jay is by far our best player.

I'm hoping he's back next season, a proper wind up merchant which I love to see.

I'm always cynical about the end of season awards... I would see it as a great opportunity to coax them back for the next season, lets show them how much the coaching staff and fans appreciate them. Sometimes it's obvious who should get an award, and a 'fans' award is obviously a big deal. In my cynical mind, if Brad had a season like last, and he'd already committed himself to next season, I'd be tempted to take him aside and say... "I appreciate all the work you've done, but I've taken you out of contention for any of the coaches awards because... well you know we all love you" sort of thing.