• Coventry

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • An other, put below.

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • Don't care just give me hockey

Votes: 25 38.5%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1
With the hockey of festival and the new found polls (thanks stub) was wondering what people's preferences on who the pre season game should be against or if they really don't care and just want hockey!

Skippy

I shall hoist my flag in the I don't care who just give me Hockey camp.

Any per season games that the club can get are good games really even if its a non league side like Epinal a few years ago.

It felt like the team took a while to Gel at the start of last season and in my view that was down to a lack of per season games.

DevilDom

I'd prefer to play someone we wouldn't be playing during the season. Preferably a touring European team if it could be arranged.

James

Administrator
I'd rather a team we won't see again or much. Cov pre season friendlies can be really good but then as they will be in our CC group we seem to be watching them every week

Thread starter #5
We have a strong relationship with Netherlands it seems I wonder how hard it would be to organise a friendly against a Dutch side. How close does there season run to ours?

steve

I vote Cov as I think it unlikely we'll have overseas visitors - a foreign team would be my preferred choice though.

Don't think Boston will be coming and can't see Penguins jumping on a trans-atlantic flight but a higher standard team from Europe would be good...

I would like to see the 'pick of the Brits' from the ENL & EIHL play against one of the teams between here and London. Two way match, get the travelling supporters and hopeful sell out both games.

A NON EIHL team. Just to get the boys playing together without exposing any early weaknesses before they gel as a unit. Pre season loss against arch rival EIHL can affect confidence far more than against alternative opposition. Give the fans a relaxed first view without the pressure which is to come !

D

Deleted member 1337

DevilDom said:
I'd prefer to play someone we wouldn't be playing during the season. Preferably a touring European team if it could be arranged.
what about tylors team there might be a fight or two as well :twisted:

TheStub

Re: Pre season "friendly"

I'd like to see a few games against EPL sides and then some European sides. Something to build confidence.

I'm quite gutted as I'm likley to miss all the pre-seasons as well as the Nottingham weekend...

But I would like to see us play somebody different... a European team would be great.

TheStub

Re: Re: Pre season "friendly"

Dickie Dunn said:
A home / away fixture against Guildford would be interesting
Exactly. A team we never see. They get to giant kill and we get to gel against a team we wont face again whilst adding a bit of interest.

I'd love to see it against a European team (Tylors or Wellers ideally). But an EPL team would be a more practical shout i think. As long as we'd get a decent game in, Manchester or Guildford would be ace.

Martynwo

I fancy playing a Sat and Sun away weekend at Slough and Guildford.
Competitive hockey against teams looking to step up against an Elite side.
The weekend would give the guys chance to bond and get away from the spotlight in Cardiff before the season starts.