Pre season friendlys

jimmy snels

Really positive. With playing the same teams so often in the season this is a welcome and positive change for the better. Well done todd :RAWK

Mooney#16

Huge credit to the Devils for this. If Steelers hadn't been quite so pap in the CHL last year we may have still had two EIHL spots but Devils missed out. Todd has given Devils fans to all intensive purposes a CHL lead up to the season despite having missed out. You have to think Devils are assembling a pretty good roster to be considering this pre season schedule as well as a pretty deep roster (four lines). Well done to Todd et al for making these fixtures.

wildthing74

Take a bow everybody that worked on delivering this unbelievable pre season schedule :RAWK As a young lad I remember fondly us hosting European teams and being captivated by their skill levels and I would have been delighted bringing any of these 3 teams on their own so to get 3 weekends of European hockey is truly outstanding.

Pre season is usually just about seeing some new guys and getting the team fit but I have never been so excited to watch friendly hockey in my life.First full season in IAW too and already it shows how much that will help as no way would we be getting these kind of teams to BBT.

Never wish your life away but these next 9 weeks can't come soon enough for me and I hope the fans back these games and we get the crowds these fixtures deserve.

jimmy snels

wildthing74 said:
Take a bow everybody that worked on delivering this unbelievable pre season schedule :RAWK As a young lad I remember fondly us hosting European teams and being captivated by their skill levels and I would have been delighted bringing any of these 3 teams on their own so to get 3 weekends of European hockey is truly outstanding.

Pre season is usually just about seeing some new guys and getting the team fit but I have never been so excited to watch friendly hockey in my life.First full season in IAW too and already it shows how much that will help as no way would we be getting these kind of teams to BBT.

Never wish your life away but these next 9 weeks can't come soon enough for me and I hope the fans back these games and we get the crowds these fixtures deserve.
Agree outstanding schedule i hope to make quite a few! Amazed this hasn't had loads of positive posts to be honest. Club has pulled a blinder

Wannabe2

Unbelievable pre season fixtures, never in the Devils history have we had fixtures like this, hats off to the Devils for arranging these amazing games. This shows how serious our great club is taking the coming season, it's now for us all to show up in numbers and show the same dedication. Where we were to this is truelly outstanding, and it's our 30th Anniversary bring it on.

It's just been announced that tickets for the friendlies are on-sale now via the website.

No sign yet of the 5-game pass that was mentioned, but I'm assuming that'll come later or you have to call directly for that.

sionlikesmusic said:
It's just been announced that tickets for the friendlies are on-sale now via the website.

No sign yet of the 5-game pass that was mentioned, but I'm assuming that'll come later or you have to call directly for that.
It is mentioned on this page:
http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/devils-pre-season-games-sale-now/

PRE SEASON MINI SEASON TICKET – you can book all 6 games of the Devils pre-season and receive a 10% discount. Book this package by calling into the office or booking over the phone (from Thursday onwards). You cannot book the mini season ticket online.

Jonesy83

Been trying to book tickets online, created an account but can only see pay by PayPal not by credit / debit card. Any body booked online and paid by debit card?

drainage

Think the Devils have missed a trick here ....10% discount is virtually wiped out by booking fee unless you pay cash but ignoring that nearly 100 for pre season on top of the nearly 500 already for ST is steep

I get they must be paying sizeable expenses to get teams here but these prices I think make it pretty certain they will struggle to get sizeable crowds , people will I suspect pick and choose some to attend.

Is it better to have a 1000 at £16 upwards or 2000 at say £11 upwards? I think a bigger discount would have led to more bums on seats let's not forget Aug/Sep many people may have just been away or due to goi away so money may be ring fenced for other things.

If the costs of staging these games influenced decision on pricing maybe arranging less would have been sensible this time.

Am pleased the Devils are wanting to move away from the Coventry bore fest each season but not sure they will get anywhere near breaking even on these games.

At the moment I won't be doing all the games

nicky27

I agree with the prices being a tad steep. I understand that they are trying to keep the fans happy by having someone playing someone other than Coventry pre-season but I can't see many people being able to afford those prices so unfortunately I don't think they will make a profit. I will certainly be picking the odd game here because we are a family of 4 so there is no way we can afford all of the games :(

matbur

I'd love to go to all but realistically I can't commit to going on back-to-back nights.

My kids have been asking about going to game though so I will take them to one of these for the first time. :)