Pride Jersey Auction

Kevlar68

Think there was 3 blood jerseys and everyone who wanted one put hands uo. As Todd went up in price by 10's and hands dropped down once past their limit. 3 went for £300

Mazzoak

There are a lot of people who pay large sums of money for items that are essentially worthless once sold.
Its crazy but this is the world we now live in, we’ve got a nutter in Moscow with his hand on the red button, a genius selling virtual property for six figure sums in his Meta Universe, 10,00,000,000 different gender versions which can be fluid and Vegan watches........and we thought after watching Back To The Future we’d be using hover boards and flying cars by now.

Devils86

Thread starter #28
I've been offered £800 for a jersey before, buyer welched on it though.

Generally speaking there's no money to be made in trading them but some people do seem to have a genuine attachment to certain players and/or special jerseys. The St Davids Day jerseys are a good example. Some people may have thought that they won't be going to POFW and put the money saved from that towards bidding, who knows.

It's more annoying when you hear fans 'looking down their nose' at people who do pay over the odds but then have their hands up for the same prices at the next auction.... the mind boggles.

I don't buy the point re: pricing the POFW and auction prices - two different situations. Niche sales v biggest weekend of the season. Pricing at the moment very much killing the geese that lays the golden eggs.

Kevlar68

I find the auctions fun and fascinating.
I totally get game worn price and if that player is your guy then your happy to pay up to a certain limit but blood jerseys and non worn jerseys are basically as I see them, replicas, never worn, from sweatshop to shop, so those prices I did find quite high.

Last edited: