Ragan and Pope answer your questions

KaneDevils

jayemm said:
DevilDom said:
I thought it was a well scripted response, but they have had 2 weeks to prepare it.;-)
Fascinating. The CDRA and RASG gave them 24 hours notice of the questions, which were then modified by JD as the questioning went along. So, in fact, many questions and answers were 100% ad-lib.

Why do posters on here make false assertions (also known as lies) in a way that leads people to think they're true?

BTW: I know this to be true as I drafted the final wording of the questions!
Because everyone (well some) needs to know it all or at least they think they do. They actually make themselves look silly thinking nobody will know more than what they do. Hilarious. :DWD

I can't believe people thought that was professional. You'd never guess Ragan was the owner and Pope his employee. Pope just talked over Ragan a couple of times and contradicted him at least once. Fair enough they might be annoyed by fans moaning/slagging them off but i thought they came across as pretty angry and defensive. Considering most problems seem to have come from stupid PRs or tweets i don't think their demeanor did anything to make people warm to them.

But then listening to Pope you should count yourselves lucky he lowered himself to simply be the coach of an EIHL team considering he has so many other skills, opportunities and avenues to explore.

DevilDom

KaneDevils said:
jayemm said:
DevilDom said:
I thought it was a well scripted response, but they have had 2 weeks to prepare it.;-)
Fascinating. The CDRA and RASG gave them 24 hours notice of the questions, which were then modified by JD as the questioning went along. So, in fact, many questions and answers were 100% ad-lib.

Why do posters on here make false assertions (also known as lies) in a way that leads people to think they're true?

BTW: I know this to be true as I drafted the final wording of the questions!
Because everyone (well some) needs to know it all or at least they think they do. They actually make themselves look silly thinking nobody will know more than what they do. Hilarious. :DWD
Not sure how you come to that conclusion from what I posted but hey ho. It is silly season after all.

Have a good Christmas.

DevilDom

Ocko said:
Maybe because you were completely wrong in your assumption they had 2 weeks to prepare Devildom?
Where did I say I needed to know it all? Where did I say I know more than anyone else? I have my own views and don't have any inside tracks to the inner workings of the club. In fact, I prefer not to know all the things that go on behind the scenes as some of the rumours are bad enough! ;)

Besides, it wasn't an unreasonable comment to make - the questions were submitted on 8th December and we had answers on 22nd was it? Perhaps they were just waiting for a few good results to do the interview? I couldn't care less to be honest. I didn't submit any questions as I doubt they would have been answered and if they were I doubt I would have believed the answers anyway. As I said, actions speak louder than words.

Gazza272

Budgie said:
I think you'll find Mac has been leading the coaching!

K

Mac has had a hand in it. But there is a notion going around that it is him and Lord and them alone responsible for the change. Which is just a petty notion.

Mac had to be involved in some capacity as he will be taking the team in the new year so he can't go in cold.

However it was not his idea to do mandatory Video Sessions on game days which we didn't have before. Amongst other changes.

Look I get people don't like Brent personally, fine that isn't my beef. But the insistence to not even say 'he's done ok' since he came in is just childish imo.

TheStub

Gazza272 said:
Look I get people don't like Brent personally, fine that isn't my beef. But the insistence to not even say 'he's done ok' since he came in is just childish imo.
Personally I'm not a fan of Brent as a person, but since he came in (or Adams left) there has been an improvement in the results - and from what I've seen on webcasts the performances have been, well, just better.

I'm not sorry to see Brent on the bench. It has proven to be an improvement.

I'm just sorry we re-signed Adams in the off season.

rarely come on here,but i have to say, its funny how regan decides to say his sorrys a couple of days before the challenge cup tickets go up for sale.maybe he knows that there are quite a few season ticket holders not willing to part with their money for these games after the pure rudeness he has shown some of his season ticket holders this year..i was one of his fans that used to say,give the guy a break..not any more.i think he has been totally disrespectful to his season ticket holders,ie on twitter etc.but all of a sudden, he seems to want to say his sorrys when he knows us 800 or so people have got to pay for these games coming up.must say,people seem to forget what he called some of his earners.i wasnt one of his militia,but i still think he all of a sudden feels the need to be very sorry for what he has done when challenge cup tickets are up for grabs.he suddenly wants to respect his fans.think if many people cant, i, for one can see right through his methods of getting his season ticket holders on board. wont be long before he starts slagging his fans off on twitter because sadly for us, he feels the need.i have no respect for him anymore.i maybe should have listened to what other people were saying.thats what i get for taking people as i find them.

DevilDom

devildiva said:
rarely come on here,but i have to say, its funny how regan decides to say his sorrys a couple of days before the challenge cup tickets go up for sale.maybe he knows that there are quite a few season ticket holders not willing to part with their money for these games after the pure rudeness he has shown some of his season ticket holders this year..i was one of his fans that used to say,give the guy a break..not any more.i think he has been totally disrespectful to his season ticket holders,ie on twitter etc.but all of a sudden, he seems to want to say his sorrys when he knows us 800 or so people have got to pay for these games coming up.must say,people seem to forget what he called some of his earners.i wasnt one of his militia,but i still think he all of a sudden feels the need to be very sorry for what he has done when challenge cup tickets are up for grabs.he suddenly wants to respect his fans.think if many people cant, i, for one can see right through his methods of getting his season ticket holders on board. wont be long before he starts slagging his fans off on twitter because sadly for us, he feels the need.i have no respect for him anymore.i maybe should have listened to what other people were saying.thats what i get for taking people as i find them.
You could be right there, however I will buy a ticket for the CC game despite PR not because of him as I feel the team deserve my support. Whether I buy a season ticket next year is a different question, however expect to see a charm offensive over the next 3 months or so leading up to the release of early bird season tickets with lots of positive press releases about and promises of improvement etc.

ASHIPP

Surely what's important for most people is supporting the TEAM and geting things back to where they were a few seasons ago. Nothing else matters.

Whatever or whoever is responsible, the Team are currently playing some of the best hockey played by a Devils team in years. Entertaining, aggressive and relentless. As a result, attendances are finally getting back to decent numbers. The feel good factor is back at the BBT and the atmosphere back to the good 'ol days.

Providing Team and crowd continue to support eachother does it really matter whether BP wears a daft hat or interupts PR in an interview? Does it matter if PR doesn't answer a few difficult questions completely openly. We are not privy to every decision or situation. Get over it and enjoy fantastic hockey.

Btw don't see other owners like Tony Smith offering fans the chance to at least ask questiions, do you?

ASHIPP said:
Surely what's important for most people is supporting the TEAM and geting things back to where they were a few seasons ago. Nothing else matters.

Whatever or whoever is responsible, the Team are currently playing some of the best hockey played by a Devils team in years. Entertaining, aggressive and relentless. As a result, attendances are finally getting back to decent numbers. The feel good factor is back at the BBT and the atmosphere back to the good 'ol days.

Providing Team and crowd continue to support eachother does it really matter whether BP wears a daft hat or interupts PR in an interview? Does it matter if PR doesn't answer a few difficult questions completely openly. We are not privy to every decision or situation. Get over it and enjoy fantastic hockey.

Btw don't see other owners like Tony Smith offering fans the chance to at least ask questiions, do you?

My thoughts exactly!!

ASHIPP said:

+1

Kipper

TheStub said:
Also, it is no different to how Adams conducted his training... Or rather how Adams didn't conduct his training.

If the players are leading the training sessions then thus is exactly what we have had for many years.
Sorry but that is complete and utter bull

Mooney#16

I think whilst comparing G and Brent is a natural thing to do it is on the whole pointless. You can't really prove anything. It is just simply the end of one era and the start of another. People shouldn't confuse the state of affairs at the end for being the some total of G's coaching ability but you have to be honest and say for whatever the reasons the team was a shambles at that stage. But he also coached a team to a world record for most consecutive wins. His results are his record and credit to G it was a successful period when analysed in full. Yes there is room for improvement but that is part and parcel of the game. But G's style is his style and you live and die by it so it brought both success and failure. To use it to criticise is also to use it to commend.

Brent has been in his position only a short time and is experiencing relative success but does that make him a better or worse Coach. No way of knowing. He has his own style. Different to G. Right now it's working but when a period of adversity hits will it stand up to scrutiny. No one knows. I think from a fans perspective all you can honestly do is be thankful to G for his time and efforts and leave his history intact. Brent's era has started off well and the team is playing well. Just be grateful for that. Granted people are attacking Brent and commending Faulkner but surely part of being head coach is to find a recipe that brings results so if giving greater autonomy to the players brings that then perhaps that can be steered as being a successful coaching tactic or just laziness and blind luck. Just depends which side of the fence you sit really. But from a fans perspective I think just be glad your money is getting you the ice hockey you paid for which really is about the start/stop point for complaint excluding all other current personality clashes surrounding the club.

Mooney#16 said:
I think whilst comparing G and Brent is a natural thing to do it is on the whole pointless. You can't really prove anything. It is just simply the end of one era and the start of another. People shouldn't confuse the state of affairs at the end for being the some total of G's coaching ability but you have to be honest and say for whatever the reasons the team was a shambles at that stage. But he also coached a team to a world record for most consecutive wins. His results are his record and credit to G it was a successful period when analysed in full. Yes there is room for improvement but that is part and parcel of the game. But G's style is his style and you live and die by it so it brought both success and failure. To use it to criticise is also to use it to commend.

Brent has been in his position only a short time and is experiencing relative success but does that make him a better or worse Coach. No way of knowing. He has his own style. Different to G. Right now it's working but when a period of adversity hits will it stand up to scrutiny. No one knows. I think from a fans perspective all you can honestly do is be thankful to G for his time and efforts and leave his history intact. Brent's era has started off well and the team is playing well. Just be grateful for that. Granted people are attacking Brent and commending Faulkner but surely part of being head coach is to find a recipe that brings results so if giving greater autonomy to the players brings that then perhaps that can be steered as being a successful coaching tactic or just laziness and blind luck. Just depends which side of the fence you sit really. But from a fans perspective I think just be glad your money is getting you the ice hockey you paid for which really is about the start/stop point for complaint excluding all other current personality clashes surrounding the club.
Can always rely on you Dave for a sensible post.