Retro Night Jersey...

James

Administrator
I think they are nice enough they win both ways. People will want to bid on them and people like me who avoid auctions these days for their own good will still be tempted to buy. I didn’t see myself buying a shirt this year but they are proper nice.

august04 2.0

That jersey is a thing of beauty, the best looking jerseys I’ve seen us wear for a long time. Lots of debate on the new logo, but bloody hell that old one looks so much better! The club will sell a lot of these. I’d like to see us launch a retro jersey every year as a third/fourth jersey, with some of our classic designs. Top job!

Devils86

Thread starter #26
As someone who every season says "I'm not sure about this year's designs" and then ends up buying every bloody colour, I was grateful that again I wasn't in love with the designs this year - given my stubborn-mindedness about the new logo. No jersey or any merch with the new logo for me this year...but this I'll pick up because...well look at it.

Only moments of weakness this year were the Conti Cup jerseys (I would have wanted the one of the old logos stitched over the top) and I do like the flames on the STH jersey...

So this ticks both boxes. No brainer...or is that 'no brain'...

Kevlar68

I think it's great they're raffling and SOHB instead of auction. I see the same faces every auction getting the shirts and some of the prices allot of fans could only dream of forking out that much for a game worn.
This gives fans a chance to win a game worn as it's the luck of the draw even though I've seen fans buy hundreds of tickets in one go for SOHB.
Great looking shirts, I may buy one and buy some tickets.

E.D.S.

The Dilemma for me is....do you go old skool and have a Devil name and number from the past on your shirt or do you keep it modern??

I think they are nice enough they win both ways. People will want to bid on them and people like me who avoid auctions these days for their own good will still be tempted to buy. I didn’t see myself buying a shirt this year but they are proper nice.
Me too James, I have ordered one just because you never know when you can get a chance to buy one without the shite logo on it

Kevlar68

Maybe for future seasons they could have our third change shirt as the retro logo.
I wonder how many will sell compared to the new home jersey? I think if they were released at the same this jersey would out sell the new logo jersey.

OJLloyd

I am sure I am about to annoy a lot of people on here, but I prefer the new logo over this original logo.

I was also a small child when the club used the original logo, so maybe my affinity with the "middle" logo is based on my being able to support the team more during that period.

That being said, I will be ordering one of these. A friend very kindly bought me an original one of these as a leaving gift from somewhere I used to work, so it'll be nice to have the newer version as well.