Return of Chucky....

Devils86

Thread starter #1
Not the film.

Charles "Chucky" Linglet is back in the ECHL at the spritely age of 41!

Just signed for the Florida Everblades....ices tonight on their 4th line as #16

Won't have to wait too long to meet up with Lordo and Lou - they face the Swamp Rabbits at the end of the month

Last edited:

fridaysfingers

I loved watching Linglet, possibly the most skilled player I can remember playing for the Devils with great vision to go with it.
I would have loved to have seen him playing 10 years earlier in his career.
I've just watched a KHL highlights video on his elite prospects page and the thing that stands out is not his goals as they mostly show relative tap-ins, but the physicality. A couple of beautiful reverse checks, and also a couple of fights which I didn't think was in his armoury.
He is a fairly big guy but I guess as he's got older he wasn't wasting his energy with playing a physical game.
Covid took Chucky away from me and I hate it even more than ever!!!!

NathanG

Would have loved it if he'd stick around through COVID and been part of the rebuild. The family were settled in Cardiff, I remember watching an interview with Todd.

Shame really.

Finny

One of the most talented players to ever play for us, but I'm more than a bit surprised that he has come out of retirement.
His first season he was sensational for us, but he never replicated it in his second season and I thought he might well retire that summer - had Covid not ended the season early anyway. I also wonder if he might have retired the previous summer had we won the league title to go out on a high.

I can't find any press release explaining why he had come out of retirement, but it looks like he has been part part of Florida's coaching staff for the past 3 years - working with their junior setup?
Maybe it's just a temporary solution to injury issues?

Devils86

Thread starter #6
One of the most talented players to ever play for us, but I'm more than a bit surprised that he has come out of retirement.
His first season he was sensational for us, but he never replicated it in his second season and I thought he might well retire that summer - had Covid not ended the season early anyway. I also wonder if he might have retired the previous summer had we won the league title to go out on a high.

I can't find any press release explaining why he had come out of retirement, but it looks like he has been part part of Florida's coaching staff for the past 3 years - working with their junior setup?
Maybe it's just a temporary solution to injury issues?
Is it just me who thinks some ECHL teams don't help themselves off the ice? Haven't seen any news on the Everblades site. Greenville don't update their shop with this season jerseys. Blades don't even sell customizable jerseys....

Devils86

Thread starter #8
Yeah, busy week or so for them. Presume as others said, injury cover stepping in from coaching...

UNLESS - Chucky to replace Cox?!