Returnees

Have Hope#35

Devil_Abroad said:
But we carried 2 extra - so that only counts for one space

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We carried 2 Extra plus Smith technically so that accounts for 3. Having said that I'd guess that Smith won't be back playing so we've lost 4 from last season!

Devil_Abroad

Have Hope#35 said:
Devil_Abroad said:

We carried 2 Extra plus Smith technically so that accounts for 3. Having said that I'd guess that Smith won't be back playing so we've lost 4 from last season!
Hmm, plus an extra EU passport holder

We need 5 top NHLers in my humble opinion (hoping Steve is still browsing through here......[emoji23])

Have Hope#35

Devil_Abroad said:
Have Hope#35 said:
Devil_Abroad said:

Hmm, plus an extra EU passport holder

We need 5 top NHLers in my humble opinion (hoping Steve is still browsing through here......[emoji23])
I personally disagree... NHL'ers are often at the end of their career with nothing left to prove! Someone young who has put up big number in the ECHL or even made it to the AHL has far more to prove as they have a reputation/career to play for. One big nasty ex-NHL'er and one older Skill Player wouldn't hurt but I wouldn't want five at the end of their career! Someone like BizNasty for Salters would be just fine.

There are exceptions to that rule like Kurka and Russell who had a few games in the show but I get the impression you mean regular NHL'ers... And I'd have Martin back before both of those!

Devil_Abroad

Definitely not at the end of their careers, and not the type NHL no longer want either. It was a tongue'n'cheek comment for Steve lol

As with any team you need various types of players and for them all to gel or fit a jigsaw as Thomo likes to say [emoji23]

I would like us to pick up to quality Brits though to give us extra depth this year

bdevil

Didn't we technically carry 4 extra imports including Smith?

When Tyson was injured there was him and Wally out, Smith out and then the player who was not dressed due to rotation..

When Tyson was fit towards the end of the season there was Wally and Smith who didn't play and 2 players not dressed..