Rocksteady Eddy - PLEASE READ

Thread starter #1
Many of you long standing Devils supporters will know Eddy Taylor or as he is known on this and other forums 'Rocksteady Eddy.' He and his wife Lisa have been passionate supporters of the Devils since the team was formed. In fact, I believe Eddy may well have been the teams first DJ/announcer. Over subsequent years he became one of the most well known of Devils supporters on hockey forums.

Sadly, Eddy had a major stroke in January of this year and it's been a very difficult period for not just himself, but his wife Lisa who is having to nurse Eddy whilst also bringing up their two year old son Sulley. As a thank you to the Stroke Association who have been so supportive since Eddy's illness, Lisa is running the Cardiff half marathon on 18th October to raise funds for them.

Please read below Lisa's own words from her just giving page.

"Hi, my name is Lisa and on the 28th Jan 09 my husband Ed had a massive stroke in his sleep,thank god I was home and acted quickly,but it was a really bad one!!
His stroke was on the left side which means he lost the use of his right side!He could not walk, use his right arm,and he has aphasia which means he lost his speech and has trouble reading,writing,spelling,telling time,maths,everything we take for granted!!He now can walk but very slowly!!The others have not come back yet,but Ed is a fighter so I know they will!!!
Ed came out of hospital on the 12th May 09,and without the Stroke Association I don't know where we would be now,as we don't have any family close by,and with having a little one who is 2 years old,we have our hands full!!So trying to fit in speech and language therapy and physio with Ed is hard,and that's where the Stroke Association came in and helped us out!!
So by doing the Cardiff Half Marathon,I can raise money for the Stroke Association and say a big thank you to all the staff!!
So please dig deep and sponsor me because I know the Cardiff Half Marathon is going to be hard,but I am going to make sure I finish it as I want to raise a lot of money!!!"

I appreciate that it's difficult financial times for many at present, but if you could see your way to making any sort of donation, no matter how small, I know Lisa would be hugely appreciative. Maybe you could add Devils in brackets at the end of any message you leave whilst donating, that way Eddy and Lisa can see the support they've received from their hockey friends.

Donations can be made on the attached link.
http://www.justgiving.com/Lisa-Taylor1/

Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event ... 139&ref=nf

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Tony

Wannabe2

Eddy was and will always be a huge Devils fan, and one of the nicest people you could wish to meet, and was always the first to help out a fellow Devils fan, if you wanted to go to a away game and Eddy had room you were there no problems, and thats a fact. If anyone can help out no matter how little then please please do, as you will be helping out one of OURS.Thank you very much.

Finny

It had been mentioned before about Eddy not being same at Devils games but I think someone said it was because busy working. Strangely I had been thinking only a couple of days ago about people who I haven't seen down the tent for a while, and Eddy and Liz were two of them.

As has been said, Eddie and Liz were massive Devils fans and often used to do the kids Christmas parties. And I'm pretty sure he was the Devils first DJ.

This really has come as a shock to me and when I get home I'll add my donation to the cause.

I was thinking about Eddy the other day and wondered where he had gone. Gutted to hear this news i have fond memories of him being the Dj down the old rink.

Russky

Eddy is a gent. He has some very forthright views on the game and the club, which may upset some people but having said that He loves his hockey and he Loves the Cardiff Devils!

I had the real pleasure of travelling with Eddy and Lisa on a few trips to Sheffied and Coventry, enjoying every minute of it. It is so sad what has happened to Eddy and I hope he continues his progress, however slow it is!

Well Done to Lisa for running in the Cardiff Marathon, to raise money for the Stroke Assoc.! They get my support! I hope now that the club will now have a bucket collection at forthcoming home games to support Lisa in this venture!

Hi everyone!Lisa here Ed's wife!We would like to say a big THANKYOU to all of you for your support,and thankyou to all of you that have gone on my justgiving page to sponsor me!!It really means soooo much to us!!!And make's the sweat and tears and training at 5 am!!!Worth it!!!I know that on the 18th Oct when I am finding it hard to carry on, all your support will keep me going!!!And the kind word's you've said about Ed, mean so much to him,even had him in tear's!!!!I have been trying to get him to go to a game for ages,but he really didn't want to go because of being in a wheelchair!!!But now he is thinking about it!!!THANKYOU ALL XXXXXXXXXX

Wannabe2

Theres more to come yet Lisa, we are missing Eddy big time, so come on Ed all your mates are waiting for you, after all we are all Devils together. Watching the team this season is awesome, but it would be a lot brighter with our BUDDY there as well, so come on mate clean up the alloy wheels and meet up with your mates. After all it is your round.

Gazza272

Was really gutted to hear this, i have great memories of helping eddy out with the WNIR farewell game where he really went above and beyond the call of duty to get all the players there and to make sure that the shirt raffle was done in such a way that it was fair for everyone, i dont think many people realise that without Eddy we might not have had that game to say goodbye to the WNIR.

Hope he gets better over time and i hope he makes it to a game soon. :D

I haven't been on the inferno in a while and to read this has shocked me. Knew i hadn't seen Eddy and Lisa for a while but just assumed things were busy with having a little one running here there and everywhere.

Eddy was one of the first people i got to know when i started going to the devils and was also the man who took on my first ever away trip to coventry - we got hammered and i cursed him at the time :) . He is a cracking character and a true gentleman and Eddy and Lisa if you are reading this keep on fighting and keep on smiling. I think i speak for alot of devils fans when i say we are all thinking of you and willing you on in everyway possible to make a good strong recovery. The devils is never the same without you and we would love to see you back there soon.

Lisa, good luck with the marathon and i will give whatever i can x

Kipper

Get Eddy's arse down there. The view from the wheelchair area is great and the guys down that end are a good bunch. If I'm goal judging I'll also be able to abuse Eddy throughout the game. Win win all round.