Rules question


Well-Known Member
Thread starter #1
I see that we now have a trapzoid behind the goals. Is that just for chl or eihl too? Also, is the puck handling rule the same as the one the NHL uses?


Well-Known Member
Thread starter #6
Honestly I don't mean to be a dick but I want to understand moggy.
Not a problem, Rob. The NHL has had a rule for some time that only allows a goalie to handle the puck behind the goal line within an area behind his net marked by a trapzoid shape. Attempting to play the puck elsewhere behind the goaline will get a two minute penalty.

This mightn't have been such an issue in the past, but with both of our goals being pretty active, they may have to look out for this.

Just had a look and it's section 27.8 of the new rule book. They refer to it as the the goalkeeper restricted area.
Last edited: