Rumour doing the rounds on twitter...

Temme

Thread starter #1
@davidgranthgv: Interesting rumour doing the rounds, Cardiff's loss being Sheffield gains again????

I'm hearing something to do with G and Sheffield... Hmmmmm :(

Gazza272

rolf said:
I suspect Doug C might, where would he be off to after

Doug had a recent death in the family. Not sure if he has any brothers or sisters so maybe his family needs him more back home?

DevilDom

One thing that would probably stop G going at the moment is the fact it is his testimonal year, however if he were to go who could blame him?

It would be a chance to be a full time coach with a proper budget, non interferring MD / owner and without his hands constantly being tied behind his back.

DevilDom said:
One thing that would probably stop G going at the moment is the fact it is his testimonal year, however if he were to go who could blame him?

It would be a chance to be a full time coach with a proper budget, non interferring MD / owner and without his hands constantly being tied behind his back.
Nothing to stop him having a testimonial even if he leaves as the clubs usually have no involvement in it. Sure most Devils fans would still want to show support for it.

Just have to wait for a statement from Regan saying it's been cancelled, then we'll know it's definately going ahead

Skippy

steeler lass said:
skippy said:
DevilDom said:
non interferring MD / owner and without his hands constantly being tied behind his back.
At Sheffield ? :D
We are better off ice than we have been in years.

Doug has a brother, not sure about others
Very much not having any kind of go at Doug with my post. Just want to be very clear there.

More the comments that seem to crop up in the Star from the owner.

He's no better than we have for sticking oars in and calling out players publicly.

Maybe this season is better, and if so that's great, but last season was shocking at times.

skippy said:
Very much not having any kind of go at Doug with my post. Just want to be very clear there.

More the comments that seem to crop up in the Star from the owner.

He's no better than we have for sticking oars in and calling out players publicly.

Maybe this season is better, and if so that's great, but last season was shocking at times.
Tony Smith may have been outspoken in the press when he thought the team wasn't performing but he's a massively long way to go before he get's anywhere near the levels achieved by your own Paul Ragan.

Sheincar

@cardiff devils

FACTS - 4 Player Contract Offers in last 48 hrs. 3 Players with NHL experience- Devils Players offering their views and player preference.

Finny

Should we be offering 4 contracts for only one spot, or is that the usual way things are done?
What would happen if all four players agreed?

Sheincar

@cardiff devils

FACTS - Braehead's Macias was one of the players that received an offer. Decided to take time away from hockey after being released.

Sheincar

@cardiff devils

FACTS - NHL 2nd round draft choice in 2005 to Boston Bruins cited family issues as why they couldn't leave their home country

Well I guess that's 2 of the 4 ruled out

Finny

Judging by all these facts being posted I'm going to stick my neck out and confidently predict our new coach is Rafa Benitez.

Edit - Beaten to it. (FACT)

DevilDom

All these FACTS just make our recruitment process look ill planned, and desperate.

Why would we offer 4 contracts for 1 place? Nothing like making a player feel wanted is there? :roll:

If I were a player in that situation not sure I'd want to join.