Rumour??

A

Anonymous

Thread starter #1
I heard we are struggling financially and a player may well be cut of his job by the end of the season.

ASHIPP

I've heard that posting stories overheard/told second, third or tenth hand from someone in the stands at a game with no provable source is usually unproductive and yet more uneccessary negativity. :evil:

A

Anonymous

Thread starter #9
If you read gaz's message it was said in a statement released too :s

ASHIPP

Brian Ball said:
If you read gaz's message it was said in a statement released too :s
Paul Ragan alludes to the Club possibly facing more cuts over the Christmas period. He also talks about tough times and lower attendances.
Nowhere does he state the cut is going to be from the team. The article is on the News section of the Devils website.

ASHIPP

Brian Ball said:
of course the cut will be from the team lol.
time will tell.
Much more productive to pool your energies into giving the team the support and encouragement they need right now. Not wasting it undermining them by creating all this additional uneccessary negativity. :roll:

A

Anonymous

Thread starter #13
Am i the first to do this?
The players will most probably be the 1st to know about this.

And im sure they have seen it all before in their career.

nebarton666 said:
FACT not rumour devils players didn't get full pay for last month they only got two weeks pay before last nights game
And this 'FACT' is biased on what? Looking at the players on the ice last night can't say they looked unhappy.

And in contrast to us.

"Steelers head coach Ryan Finnerty will deliver his plans for the remainder of the 2011-12 season to owner Tony Smith today - these will include the names of the players he wishes to bring into the squad for the remainder of the season"

I guess there's no tough financial times in Sheffield then if I've now taken Mr Ragans statement in the correct context!

ASHIPP

phil PLT said:
"Steelers head coach Ryan Finnerty will deliver his plans for the remainder of the 2011-12 season to owner Tony Smith today - these will include the names of the players he wishes to bring into the squad for the remainder of the season"

We'll see whether that's the case......seem to recall previous Steelers' management regimes allowing something like this in the past. :? ;) It's only ended in a mess down the line. The wasted Continental Cup trip is believed to have cost the Club between £10k and £20k. That might have been considered a justifiable spend had the Steelers progressed in any way...but they lost all their games. :lol:

I'm sure his Rhino business is doing well, maybe he's using that to fund the Steelers? Not good if you guys are struggling with money. Someone mentioned on the Coventry forum about you guys dropping down to the EPL with them joining you.