Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

Slartibartfast

So Terrys article said
"Devils will add a high end defenceman and an experienced forward, both from North America and new to the club. The first of those will be announced at 4pm this afternoon."
So are the Devils and Terry out of synch or has a player pulled out or something?

So Terrys article said
"Devils will add a high end defenceman and an experienced forward, both from North America and new to the club. The first of those will be announced at 4pm this afternoon."
So are the Devils and Terry out of synch or has a player pulled out or something?
If you notice terry also had assilen an stackz down in the team sheet as retired but in his new article corrected him self an said there no confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devil94

Terry probably just fell for the same trap many fans did. Just assumed that the signing would be an import. Piggsy was always coming back and I was wondering when he would be announced.
Don’t think we were ever told it was a new player officially by the club? Just that the next signing would be 4pm.

Anyway, great that Piggsy will be back behind the bench, Lordo obviously thinks very highly of him.

Devils86

Article just quotes what Lord said in the live QnA on Twitter/Periscope. No other quotes or sources - Strachan and Hotham listed as having retired in the final “ins and outs” section with no further evidence.

I have no idea who Terry Phillips (article author) is, but unless he has access to the management I wouldn’t give to much weight to the article.

Phillips may well be right - but the article in its current state is not something to rely on.

Article just quotes what Lord said in the live QnA on Twitter/Periscope. No other quotes or sources - Strachan and Hotham listed as having retired in the final “ins and outs” section with no further evidence.

I have no idea who Terry Phillips (article author) is, but unless he has access to the management I wouldn’t give to much weight to the article.

Phillips may well be right - but the article in its current state is not something to rely on.

Terry Phillips is a journalist who's covered the Devils for as long as I can remember - since they were formed I would think.
Pre Internet his articles in the South Wales Echo were pretty much my only source of info regarding the Devils. He's retired as an "official" journalist, hence his articles on his DaiSport site. I doubt he has any access to the Management these days, but I still enjoy reading his articles.

Devils86

Terry Phillips is a journalist who's covered the Devils for as long as I can remember - since they were formed I would think.
Pre Internet his articles in the South Wales Echo were pretty much my only source of info regarding the Devils. He's retired as an "official" journalist, hence his articles on his DaiSport site. I doubt he has any access to the Management these days, but I still enjoy reading his articles.
Fair enough. Did not know that about Mr Phillips. In any event his article was a good summary of what Lord said on Twitter but apart from that can’t really be used to predict future business as it doesn’t quote anybody else or provide further sources.

I have to admit I did wonder when Steve said we will be carrying an extra forward he didn’t say a extra import forward but I can’t see us not carrying one as well as piggsy. That’s what we did last year so why wouldn’t we this year. The article on the Devils website talks about Piggsy’s work on the bench so I can’t see that not continuing. We only have 1 more week till we find out though as players will be starting to fly in now for training camp. I’m sure Blood said he was flying in on the 30th and camp starts a week Monday (the 6th)

Gospel

You will probably find that Terry has the info to release of player signingd in advance of the official release otherwise he wouldnt be able to get an article out so soon after the official announcement.

BostonBart22

I have to admit I did wonder when Steve said we will be carrying an extra forward he didn’t say a extra import forward but I can’t see us not carrying one as well as piggsy. That’s what we did last year so why wouldn’t we this year. The article on the Devils website talks about Piggsy’s work on the bench so I can’t see that not continuing. We only have 1 more week till we find out though as players will be starting to fly in now for training camp. I’m sure Blood said he was flying in on the 30th and camp starts a week Monday (the 6th)

OJLloyd

The article on the new signing would appear it was based on info from the Inferno, as everyone else seemed to have come to the same conclusion as the author.

He may have some inside info, but that article doesn’t suggest he had any actual knowledge of this signing.

I feel like Piggsie is a similar signing to Rutkis, who wasn’t really treated as a squad member announcement, but more a signing for development who didn’t count towards the overall squad numbers.

Could be wrong, but I’d expect two remaining signings, one D and one F.

Devil_Abroad

Terry has given the club great coverage over the years, and I'm glad he's carrying on in some capacity even in his retirement.

I have had to unfollow him on Twitter though as for some reason he tweets his articles about 50 times and tags random people in it. :D
I did the same lol

bdevil

Steve says 3rd or 4th in terms of budget. We may well spend more on our on ice team than those with higher budgets as they may spend more on assistant coach etc. Looks like we have made changes resulting in savings in areas this year to allow Lordo to use more of the budget on players.