Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

Devil94

Don't think we should assume that it's either both back or both gone. Teams in better leagues in Europe are very unlikely to give them both a contract just because they're friends.
Cox will have some decent offers in Europe I reckon. Maybe we will still have a CCS line but with Combs replacing Cox..

kingmo19.1

I think the league overall will be stronger for the 22-23 season with Covid (hopefully) subsiding and sponsorship coming back. If that happens, I wouldn’t be too fixated on comparing player stats etc from the 21-22 season which was quite a poor standard.

RedDevil17

Out of curiousity why not Sanford? You're entitled to your opinion, but to me he always seemed to score in the clutch situations when some of the first line went missing.
I always thought Sanford was very inconsistent at times. As well as this, he was extremely lightweight I thought, but again it’s about opinions like you said.

Pembo

I think the league overall will be stronger for the 22-23 season with Covid (hopefully) subsiding and sponsorship coming back. If that happens, I wouldn’t be too fixated on comparing player stats etc from the 21-22 season which was quite a poor standard.
I have a feeling it will be tighter at the top with Nottingham likely to be a lot more competitive, I worry that the league as a whole may further move to a clear two tier affair with teams like Stars having best players poached and a lot of smaller teams starting life with further tightened budgets, dealing with increased energy costs making ice much more expensive & new raw coaching. I’m thinking quality at top likely to be higher for a few teams, but league as a whole may be either neutral or a bit lower.

moggy#9

I have a feeling it will be tighter at the top with Nottingham likely to be a lot more competitive, I worry that the league as a whole may further move to a clear two tier affair with teams like Stars having best players poached and a lot of smaller teams starting life with further tightened budgets, dealing with increased energy costs making ice much more expensive & new raw coaching. I’m thinking quality at top likely to be higher for a few teams, but league as a whole may be either neutral or a bit lower.
I think that the top 4 will be closer (Belfast, sheff, us and Nottingham), fife and Manchester will continue to struggle, and the rest closely packed in the middle.

ASHIPP

Don't think we should assume that it's either both back or both gone. Teams in better leagues in Europe are very unlikely to give them both a contract just because they're friends.
Cox will have some decent offers in Europe I reckon. Maybe we will still have a CCS line but with Combs replacing Cox..
Think we will be lucky to aquire Coombs. Devils are not the only team interested in him. According to interview with Aaron Fox, there are 4 Elite League teams interested. Let's see what Coombs decides to do...he could stay at Dundee, or go to Europe if there's interest.

Finny

Sheffield Star reporting that along with Nottingham, Sheffield and Belfast, we are in the hunt for Charlie Combs.

Assuming Cox and Sanford are back, and will make up the 2nd line with Coughler, will Combs be on our 1st or 3rd? It's an interesting one as I'm not sure he's an upgrade on our 1st, but I'm also not sure he's the type of player we need on our 3rd, particularly if Cox and Sanford are back as I would say they're quite similar. Would definitely add some scoring down the lines though and him with Waller on the same line could be a handful.

My prediction though is that he ends up in Nottingham with his brother.
Nottingham would be the obvious destination now that Pacha is there.
However, often when a paper runs a story “we’re fighting with other teams to sign XXX, but they’re all offering more money than us” it means that player has already signed for them.