Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

Chris

Administrator
Thanks all, I seem to remember it being a 'thing' when the new owners took over more so than now perhaps.

But still, guess it bodes well for perhaps seeing some more players from the wider European and NA world :)

Wannabe2

I feel I need to preface every post ice hockey related with this, but it's been a long time since i've seen a game or followed the games in real depth...

But with Sam Herr being American, would that break the status quo of only signing Canadian players? Or has that been broken before?
Scott Matzka, Jay Latulipe.

terry hunt

Mosey is a Devil announced tonight.
Jardine flew in at the last minute so i supect he will back
No sign of Duggan,Myers or Phillips.Brodie Reid looked part of the group.No Louis,Coughler or Brandt.
Dease came on the ice and went straight to the box to everyones delight.

jenks33

No sign of Duggan,Myers or Phillips.Brodie Reid looked part of the group.No Louis,Coughler or Brandt.
Phillips? Or Do’u mean Ben Davies?

Surely Brodie Reid is off. I’m a bit 50/50 on Jardine and Coughler. I think there’s more chance of Jardine being back than Coughler.

jenks33

Hope it’s the other way around.
Yeah I’d agree with you on that. Didn’t somebody say that Jardine signed a 2 year contract when he signed last season? I just can’t see Coughler returning and I get that decision to be honest. I doubt it’s about his ability, you just can’t trust his health/fitness. I know people will say the same about Mosey but Pete Russell trusts Mosey, he won’t know Coughler.

Devils86

I wouldn't read anything into who and who wasn't at the game tonight. I would be astounded if Duggs isn't back. Reid was announced late so maybe he is sticking around for school or something

Didn't hear Mosey announced, although I had to leave early...

Devils86

To be fair i don’t think Batchy has played enough for GB for Jono to know him that well. Yeah I thought Myers might be there though
Presuming theres still bad blood with Devils and Myers after the way he was let go - understand he wanted to train at IAW to keep fit and TK said no.

jenks33

Tobias Ablad (another ex swede) is a proper random ex Devil. I vaguely remember him, played 8 league games for us in the 1999/00 season. Jeez we were bad that season

jenks33

Presuming theres still bad blood with Devils and Myers after the way he was let go - understand he wanted to train at IAW to keep fit and TK said no.
Really? Very awkward. I don’t know Myers at all but he’s always struck me as the type of character that can be difficult when he wants to be. Not like say Jonathan Phillips for example. As I said tho, I don’t know Myers so I could be way off.

Eynonz

Matthew Myers is in a wedding, so couldn't make it. Batch mentioned it in the Wally podcast.

Swarley

Lou had family commitments which obviously takes priority over the testimonial, and far as I know Lou hasn't been back in Canada to see family in ages.