Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2024/25

moggy#9

Far too inconsistent and goes missing too much in the big games. One thing we’ve struggled with is consistency this season, we can do better in my opinion.
It could be argued, as with defence, that the issue is around line mates. Certainly Sanford use much better defensively, but he needs someone to go to the net for him.

What I have heard :

Chad: leaving
Mosey: leaving
Arniel: Retiring

More gutted for chad and Arniel I'm not concerned by mosey we can easily replace him with defensive nonsense d man which we desperately need.

BostonBart22

What I have heard :

Chad: leaving
Mosey: leaving
Arniel: Retiring

More gutted for chad and Arniel I'm not concerned by mosey we can easily replace him with defensive nonsense d man which we desperately need.
Agree mosey he never stays with one club that long been with us a few times and Sheffield, think he will go to Nottingham myself.

Finny

Far too inconsistent and goes missing too much in the big games. One thing we’ve struggled with is consistency this season, we can do better in my opinion.
It's hard to define consistency for a goalscorer and if you think he goes missing too much that's your opinion.

But in his defence he scored 5 goals in the 3 games in Belfast this season.

jenks33

Didn’t Sanford win Coach’s player of the year? So he’s definitely back if he wants to come back. The rumours of Cox and Duggan leaving are the right decisions in my opinion. I think the Sanford/Cox experiment needs to end. I’m happy to keep Sanford but he needs a couple of new line mates.

RedDevil17

It's hard to define consistency for a goalscorer and if you think he goes missing too much that's your opinion.

But in his defence he scored 5 goals in the 3 games in Belfast this season.
When you’re playing in big games you need your goalscorers to step up and score the all important goals when needed, ie in the playoffs. Cole Sanford doesn’t do that.

kingmo19.1

Without wanting to sound harsh, I think this was one too many seasons for Duggan, he’s been here a number of years now and has never kicked on.

He’d be better off going to a lower placed team and getting regular icetime. We need top end Brit forwards to challenge Steelers and Giants and we haven’t really had that.

ASHIPP

When you’re playing in big games you need your goalscorers to step up and score the all important goals when needed, ie in the playoffs. Cole Sanford doesn’t do that.
In a league winning team, you need your best goal and assist scorers to be part of the core going forward. Cole has been there or thereabouts in every season he's been here. It is a no-brainer to lock him down quickly. Same as GOAT....a great centre we would hate to see another team getting the benefit of.

League winning teams usually have skill and depth throughout the roster. Goals and assists will come from numerous players not just one very good player. We won our league titles that way, the Steelers won it this season doing that.
Hopefully Cole(if he's back), will be playing on a Devils' team where he will again be scoring multiple points, along with multiple other teammates racking up points.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

170 pts from 157 games and you don’t want him back. Sanford would be my first signing, I watch all the things he does in a game and he is a really good player. If a player plays for his shirt it’s Sanford.

Wannabe2

In a league winning team, you need your best goal and assist scorers to be part of the core going forward. Cole has been there or thereabouts in every season he's been here. It is a no-brainer to lock him down quickly. Same as GOAT....a great centre we would hate to see another team getting the benefit of.

League winning teams usually have skill and depth throughout the roster. Goals and assists will come from numerous players not just one very good player. We won our league titles that way, the Steelers won it this season doing that.
Hopefully Cole(if he's back), will be playing on a Devils' team where he will again be scoring multiple points, along with multiple other teammates.
Absolutely spot on, if you can’t see what Sanford brings to the table it’s specsaver time.

Ocko

Odd you’d say that considering he’s been in the top 10 for play off points in 2 of the 3 seasons he’s been here.