Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2024/25

Rempel16

I think if Richie was retiring that would have been announced in the run-in to the end of season, to give him the send off he absolutely deserves.

Similarly, I think he has a spot on the roster until he decides he's not up to it anymore (I don't think his defensive play has dropped off at all regardless).

You’ve named one game that he turned up in…

We need our big players like Sanford to step up, prime example being the weekend just gone. Hardly noticed him - may as well have not been playing. It’s all well and good scoring 3/4 against teams like fife and clan but as I said, you need your best players on your first line to step up in big games. I’ve not seen that often from Sanford or Cox both this season and in previous seasons.
With respect to the league: Cox second in whole league for assists and third for Devil's in total points. Sanford second in whole league for goals, first for Devil's for goals and points. Cox and Sanford would definitely be in my team.

MA18

So with Ritchie duggan and mosey rumoured going who else can we pinch players from .shall we all make a collection for myers to come out of retirement, even if its just for the face offs and standing in the crease as we ain't got anyone as good as that season just gone.
At least one of the names you’ve rumoured to be going isn’t and Myers hasn’t retired.

Ocko

You’ve named one game that he turned up in…

We need our big players like Sanford to step up, prime example being the weekend just gone. Hardly noticed him - may as well have not been playing. It’s all well and good scoring 3/4 against teams like fife and clan but as I said, you need your best players on your first line to step up in big games. I’ve not seen that often from Sanford or Cox both this season and in previous seasons.
You’ve named one game he hasn’t turned up in… (in your opinion, I didn’t think he had a bad game).

His record in the playoffs in the previous 2 seasons was one of, if not the best on the team.

Finny

Reece Kelly is doing exactly what he should be at his age.

Without being arrogant, we are one of the top teams in the EIHL and giving a 22 year old a regular shift when every game matters is a big risk.
He needs a couple of years at a 'lower' EIHL team and then I'm sure once he has proved himself there will a battle over his signature from the bigger teams.

BostonBart22

Bit of a difference between a 2nd placed teams and a 10th placed team, don't you think? From what I saw of him he seemed ok, but not the finished product.
Only 22pts between 3rd and last..if he wasn't good enough clan wouldn't re-sign him. Oh and clan knocked us out of the challenge cup which hurt our budget for the next season. Prob lost 60 thou plus on the semi final we couldn't get to in tkt sales and all the extras 50 50 sohb..bar and cafe sales..

ASHIPP

What are people going to say when Bayley Harewood gets his full time contract with the Devils (hopefully not too far away)....should we send him to the Clan?!

moggy#9

What are people going to say when Bayley Harewood gets his full time contract with the Devils (hopefully not too far away)....should we send him to the Clan?!
From what little I've seen of hardwood he's looked pretty much ready. His size means he could just be parked in from the the net a la Ian cooper. It's much easier to integrate young forwards rather than defence as mistakes don't tend to be as expensive.

doron

why can't we have a yearly weekend event, consisting of 4 teams, north south east west, of UK talent made up of eihl/nihl/snl
paid for by weekend ticket sales web streams & sponsors. & GB development can chip in as well if only to buy a trophy cup
here's an idea how about a £20 a year membership to join a UK development club
as a member you
you will receive
a member badge (different each year)
automatically get put into a monthly draw ( a signed player top or game puck or game ticket donated by a club )
you get to vote on, the best player /best goalie / most improved player / best coach for the GB development tournament.
there's so much that could be done.

Ocko

Only 22pts between 3rd and last..if he wasn't good enough clan wouldn't re-sign him. Oh and clan knocked us out of the challenge cup which hurt our budget for the next season. Prob lost 60 thou plus on the semi final we couldn't get to in tkt sales and all the extras 50 50 sohb..bar and cafe sales..
I didn’t think Reece Kelly was better than anything by we had at the time and I still don’t think he’s better than anything we have now. In an under performing team at the time, the coach would’ve lost his mind to take a punt on him.

22 points is massive. For a gauge of how massive, Imagine the melt down on here if we’d lost 11 extra games. I also wouldn’t use 1 loss in the CC as a barometer as to whether we were right or wrong to sign a 3rd line D stay at home D man.