Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2024/25

Mooney#16

That makes things interesting given Waller and Duggan obviously been given an option to look about. Perlini is signed of that I’m confident so wonder what the master plan is that would have put Betteridge in the line up as well unless a Brit is retiring but all 6 Devils have made the GB final line up so don’t see that happening.

On a side note anyone know the reason why Conway doesn’t ice for GB anymore other than the obvious he’s got an outrageous ego.

Have Hope#35

That makes things interesting given Waller and Duggan obviously been given an option to look about. Perlini is signed of that I’m confident so wonder what the master plan is that would have put Betteridge in the line up as well unless a Brit is retiring but all 6 Devils have made the GB final line up so don’t see that happening.

On a side note anyone know the reason why Conway doesn’t ice for GB anymore other than the obvious he’s got an outrageous ego.
Didn't Conway fall out with a lot of the GB Coaches/Players. Regarding a GB retiring, there is a rumour of Davies floating around but that's purely hearsay!? Perhaps we're looking around whilst Waller does, although we have the option to reduce to 5 Brits from 6 anyway.

Diafol

I could be way off the mark here but...
Rumour has it that a certain Giant allegedly had a fling with the wife of a team mate.
Conway apparently found out and decided to step in by giving the naughty boy a slap, injuring him in the process.

"Third man in", if you like.

Last edited:

BostonBart22

I could be way off the mark here but...
Rumour has it that a certain Giant allegedly had a fling with the wife of a team mate.
Conway apparently found out and decided to step in by giving the naughty boy a slap, injuring him in the process.

"Third man in", if you like.
Nah just interference the call.....

kettdevil1

Playing devil's advocate, some people have been calling for an enforcer - Sol is as close to that as you are likely to get so..... why not?

For clarity, it would be a no from me....

Devils86

My apologies if my throw-away comment on the Brine news was the cause of this. No way in hell Sol is picked up by a side seriously looking to win titles...

Its up there with the Conway link - complete rubbish, which gets picked up by a couple people on Twitter and suddenly its a thing.

Sol partnered Kelly last year for much of the time - I'd rather have Reece (who has signed a two-year deal)

Devil94

It seems to be coming from Clan fans. They might have heard something, or they're on a wind up.
But many have been saying we're too small and we that we need a big and tough stay at home d man. Well there aren't too many players that fit that bill anymore but he certainly does.

Wannabe2

It seems to be coming from Clan fans. They might have heard something, or they're on a wind up.
But many have been saying we're too small and we that we need a big and tough stay at home d man. Well there aren't too many players that fit that bill anymore but he certainly does.
There’s not too many that fit the bill already over here, but there’s a ton of them over in Nth America that can offer toughness and good skill. We are a team with ambitions, serious ambitions and signed players like Sol- can’t be on the agenda.

Devil94

There’s not too many that fit the bill already over here, but there’s a ton of them over in Nth America that can offer toughness and good skill. We are a team with ambitions, serious ambitions and signed players like Sol- can’t be on the agenda.
But any genuine big and tough d men with good skill in the AHL or Europe would probably not consider coming over to the UK, as they would be a precious commodity elsewhere. Otherwise this league would be full of them already. There might be some more at the ECHL level, but that's Sol's level, and they are at that level because their game is lacking in one or a few areas.

BostonBart22

Playing devil's advocate, some people have been calling for an enforcer - Sol is as close to that as you are likely to get so..... why not?

For clarity, it would be a no from me....
Agree be more of a deterrent than anyone in devils team last season ..maybe that's why waller wants a move, not being protected enough, didn't see the incident in belfast when waller got an injury , maybe a bad hit and no one stepped up, and not just that game , busch slash to wrist at home to Sheffield , out for 6 weeks I believe, again no reaction from our players.

Wannabe2

Cody Sol is not a solution for this club one iota, he is a player for a mid table team like Clan. Myself I don’t think our club would consider him one bit, and quite rightly so he ain’t the standard we are looking for. Hopefully we will be looking for more toughness in our team, and certainly more passion, great news about Riley more of the same please.