Sam Bullas and Shaun Thompson released from Braehead Clan

Tad#

Thread starter #1
Thompson & Bullas Released – Latest Clan News

The Braehead Clan regret to announce that Sam Bullas and Shaun Thompson will no longer be a part of the Clan 2010/2011 roster. Both players have been notified of their release and are currently looking to sign with other teams within the Elite League and/or the EPL. The Clan would like to wish both players all the best for the forthcoming season.

On a more positive note, the Clan will be in a position to announce their back-up netminder within the next 48 hours so keep an eye on the website for details.

Who wants to bet they've got there eye on some Hull Stingray players

Rempel16

Yes I thoughts their Brits were really talented.

Lee Mitchell is an excellent player and capable of a point-per-game in this league.
Esders would do a job for most teams and has shown in recent seasons that he can hold down a spot on the 2nd line during injuries.
Craig Mitchell is getting better every year and Matt Davies has the potential to be a premier British player in the future.

ASHIPP

I know there is no sentiment in sport but this is only a few weeks before the start of the season. Thompson and Bullas are probably in the middle of making arrangements to move up to Glasgow. Let's hope it's not too late for them to sign for other teams. Guess they wont be signing for Braehead again. :evil:

Notice a pattern here? Neilson releases Brock Wilson when he feels the team needs an upgrade. Brucie, having worked with the 'master' does the same to his own players! :lol:

The Mitchell Bros are Scottish, aren't they? Suprised if Edinburgh don't go for them.

James

Administrator
ASHIPP said:
Notice a pattern here? Neilson releases Brock Wilson when he feels the team needs an upgrade. Brucie, having worked with the 'master' does the same to his own players! :lol:
Wasn't it Wilson's choice not to uphold his contract for personal reasons. Coach Corey certainly hasn't upgraded on him.

Rempel16

ASHIPP said:
I know there is no sentiment in sport but this is only a few weeks before the start of the season. Thompson and Bullas are probably in the middle of making arrangements to move up to Glasgow. Let's hope it's not too late for them to sign for other teams. Guess they wont be signing for Braehead again. :evil:

The Mitchell Bros are Scottish, aren't they? Suprised if Edinburgh don't go for them.
Yes it's a shame that both players have been released so near to face-off time, unfortunately though, it goes with the territory in this league. Both players and teams alike can get stung by the 2-week notice rule.

Shaun Thompson himself inititiated his own 2-week notice whilst playing for Hull last season, returning to Basingstoke. Sometimes it's a case of what goes around, comes around. ( I still feel sorry for the lad though)

For Sam Bullas, it's a harsh introduction to full-time hockey in the UK.

I would too be surprised if Edinburh don't go for either/both of the Mitchells.

Jason Silverthorn has left a message for Hull fans and in this it states that he was leaving his wife's home in Scotland soon to travel to Hull. Perhaps he could be a signing for any of the Scottish teams?

I know Dundee have signed all of their forwards for now, I wonder whether the chance to get Silver to finish their import quota would be too good to pass up.