Sheffield chop off their Pecker

Rempel16

I think judging from comments on Steeltalk their fans seem to think it was the right decision.

Gotta be honest, i thought he looked ok in the game in the BBT against us, he played pretty well, but there seemed to be a lack of chemistry with Jeff Legue (who looked really unfit at the time in fairness).

He also played through illness in 1 or 2 games and hasn't had chance to get going yet, but still racked up 10 points in 8 games. I'd be tempted to at least speak with him if I were G and that means G could drop to D.... Would certainly improve our offensive options.

Hynod

Rempel16 said:
I think judging from comments on Steeltalk their fans seem to think it was the right decision.

Gotta be honest, i thought he looked ok in the game in the BBT against us, he played pretty well, but there seemed to be a lack of chemistry with Jeff Legue (who looked really unfit at the time in fairness).

He also played through illness in 1 or 2 games and hasn't had chance to get going yet, but still racked up 10 points in 8 games. I'd be tempted to at least speak with him if I were G and that means G could drop to D.... Would certainly improve our offensive options.
Who do we then gas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Rempel16

Well that would be G's call, but imo there's certainly one player that is taking longer to settle than others and hasn't yet shown what was touted when we signed him.
Whether G believes he will settle into the team remains to be seen..... But changes were hinted at in the press release on Sunday.....

wildthing74

Rempel16 said:
Well that would be G's call, but imo there's certainly one player that is taking longer to settle than others and hasn't yet shown what was touted when we signed him.
Whether G believes he will settle into the team remains to be seen..... But changes were hinted at in the press release on Sunday.....
I thought the same and I think a lot of the fan base know isn't doing what he was supposedly brought in to do.Early days but this PP is being quarterbacked like it was supposed to be.

Finny

Barely noticed him when we played Sheffield last time.
He came with a big reputation and I imagine a big wage too. Not sure he would be right for us.

Gazza272

I think its pretty clear Pecker was unfit when he came over. When your on that big a wage on the team is unacceptable.

Props to Finnerty for having the balls.

wildthing74 said:
"Best player in the league" clearly not good enough so space for NHL guys to come in.Lets all panic and copy Nottingham.
Seems to be the case.... Two games lost and he's cutting players already, seems to be a bit of Panic decision from Finnerty..

Wonder which NHL lock-out the Steelers will bring in though.?