Sheffield

ASHIPP

Would love to know what Simms really thinks! Bet he is dying to post.

He tried to defend Smith's decisions on THF by saying there were legal implications involved? Struggling to see what they would be unless SSSC were selling away travel packages at over-inflated prices......or there was somehow illegal streaming of Steelers' webcasts. But then why backtrack and say that selected webcasts WILL be available?

Very odd situation. A prime example of how to alienate your own club's fans and others who love the sport. Guess the ability to demonatrate good people skills was not part of the EIHL chairman mandidate. This position should NEVER be held by one of the owners or anyone else directly involved with one of the clubs.

Kal

I've read that the webcasts being pulled was due to commercial places such as bars showing the streams having only paid for a normal steam. The T&C's do state that the stream isn't to be shown publicly and if a venue does wish to show a stream it can contact the Steelers to gain permission, i assume at a much higher price.

Stopping away travel sales in the arena though is just greed and looking out for himself. I also wouldn't put it past him to make it difficult for anyone to setup anything elsewhere or online, he pretty much says as much in the programme.

Electro

Reminds me of a certain business god the Devils once had the pleasure of. He also liked to talk as though he shit gold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah agreed with a lot of the comments that the league needs to start working together, but when you go a lot of business men looking to out do each other as far as a there own business how can we ever work together

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Electro

It's about time calls for an independent chairman are being voiced by representatives of a club.

Also the comments regarding one site running all the webcasts would make more sense, although a dedicated channel such as premier sports would be great, the webcasts become expensive to watch other games. Having access to other games gives a great insight into how your club measures up.

Electro

I had a feeling there would be a back track on this lol
I'm sceptical that a relatively successful businessman can make such a poor error of judgement, in public. I'm not totally convinced that this is the case.

It beggars belief, then again Cardiff has seen more than it's far share of bullshit business acumen, justification and poor club management of fans.

Putting aside Cardiffs issues with the management of the IAW, the turnaround in Cardiff thanks to the Canadian investors and Todd must send out a clear signal to others, both current owners and future investors that Hockey clubs, done right, can become great.

Get rid of that tosser and his fat muppet, Sheffield Steelers and the league would not need to concern themselves with a few people watching a webcast or booking away travel.

Sort it out.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #33
I'm sceptical that a relatively successful businessman can make such a poor error of judgement, in public. I'm not totally convinced that this is the case.

It beggars belief, then again Cardiff has seen more than it's far share of bullshit business acumen, justification and poor club management of fans.

Putting aside Cardiffs issues with the management of the IAW, the turnaround in Cardiff thanks to the Canadian investors and Todd must send out a clear signal to others, both current owners and future investors that Hockey clubs, done right, can become great.

Get rid of that tosser and his fat muppet, Sheffield Steelers and the league would not need to concern themselves with a few people watching a webcast or booking away travel.

Sort it out.

You can't just get rid of a owner, he owns the club, if it was that easy we would have done it in Cardiff in a heart beat. Unless someone wants to buy it, then you are stuck with what you have unfortunately. If you don't get on with your neighbours you either wish for them to move, or try to buy them out, or move yourself of course. Don't think there are massive queues of people wanting to buy a hockey team. We struck gold in Cardiff thank god, after following this beautiful game for 30 yrs+, we have the best owners any team in the U.K. have ever had, believe me.

Electro

You can't just get rid of a owner, he owns the club, if it was that easy we would have done it in Cardiff in a heart beat. Unless someone wants to buy it, then you are stuck with what you have unfortunately. If you don't get on with your neighbours you either wish for them to move, or try to buy them out, or move yourself of course. Don't think there are massive queues of people wanting to buy a hockey team. We struck gold in Cardiff thank god, after following this beautiful game for 30 yrs+, we have the best owners any team in the U.K. have ever had, believe me.
There are parties interested in Sheffield Steelers.

Just a matter of time.

Let's just say that someone knows someone who knows someone, who knows something or someone.

terry hunt

Didnt a certain Mr P.R used to own the Steelers as did someone called Phillips.
I dont think we are in a position to criticise other club owners with the Devils track record.
Sadly we need a strong Steelers club for the good of the league and as already been said not many honest business people are interested in owning hockey teams