SHIRT AUCTION - 31/01/200

Thread starter #1
I read on the Cardiff Devils Official Website that there is too be a shirt auction following tonights game against Newcastle.
I still believe that from statements made previously by the club that monies raised in support of the Royal British Legion during the last auction have still not been handed over, and therefore i feel that i cannot support tonights auction personally, and wont until i know that the monies generated for different causes have been handed too them.
In the past i have attended all auctions, have bought a couple of shirts, but sorry it wont be happening tonight.
I will support the Devils in any way i can, i attend all home games, travel away when i can, however feel the club badly let the supporters down with the last auction.
Any views?

Finny

Hopefully everyone else will do the same as you, leaving me with the chance to get some real bargains.................

Chris

Administrator
At least this time they haven't promised the money to go to a charity I suppose...

Hopefully they can raise more than an average of £60 per shirt in order to cover their costs.

Chris.

Payment by cash or cheque with a guarantee card that will cover the winning bid price on the jersey will enable you to take the jersey straight after the auction. Card details can be taken but these have to be processed by the office and collection of the jersey will have to be once the payment has gone through.

It helps a great deal if winners can pay with cash as it saves a lot of admin hassle for the club.

Finny

Jack Reacher said:
yet more arrogance :roll:

are you actually allowed to enter this auction ? :?: :?
Not unless I am in disguise. And even then I only bid to keep knocking the price up. Mwhahahahahaha!!!! :twisted:

I like Finny's posts (I'm looking forward to a cheap shirt too, lol.)

Can't wait until we get nice Inferno shirts. We can all get one with "I am Finny" on it.

Fubar said:
Devildrums said:
It helps a great deal if winners can pay with cash as it saves a lot of admin hassle for the club.

tax purposes??
Certainly not - if you pay with cash on the night we don't have to hold on to the jerseys and the certificates - winners can take them immediately. It's easier for us on the night of the auction and it also means that the club doesn't have to process card payments from the office and arrange collection of the jersey once payment has been taken.

It really is as simple as that - I had to spend quite a lot of time post-auction while Viv was processing all the paperwork in refolding jerseys that couldn't be handed out and then giving them to Brent so he can take them in to the office.