Shoooooooot!

Jones72

Thread starter #1
I have it on good authority that the club is adding to the match night entertainment starting from next weekend.

Recognising the increase in the numbers of people shouting "Shoot! SHOOOOOOOOOOT!" at times throughout the game, coupled with the frequency that those calls are made at totally ridiculous points in the game, they have hired South African game-hunting legend Gerhard Steenkamp to spice things up a bit.

He's bringing along his trusty elephant gun and a job lot of tranquiliser darts, and has been told to keep an eye out throughout the game and on spotting someone in the crowd shouting "Shoot!" at a totally pointless time - then he is to do exactly that.

Bring it on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

osh

Considering we had 2 feeble shots during a 5 minute power play, maybe those shouting shoot have got it right.

Jones72

Thread starter #3
Maybe they didn't shout loud enough so that the players could hear them and trigger that flash of recognition that brings with it the "Oh yeah...THAT's what I'm supposed to do with a puck" reaction.

Jones72

Thread starter #4
Don't get me wrong...I, too, miss the good days when players used to heed the calls from the crowd, say "good point", and then deftly put the puck in the back of the net

Diafol

I miss the days when players used to shoot during a PP.

Can I request that Gerhard aims at least one dart at the drum kit please ?

rolf

yeah that pesky drummer has drowned all of my ironic calls to shoot inapropriately which is why our powerplay sucks. i'd try and blame somebody for this if i hadn't already wasted my blame card on the drummer, oh well always next season eh? when we get our olympic sized block of flats for the sports village pointe...............nurse!! medication time.

Finny

I couldn't work out which was worse, fans shouting to shoot when we had two players clearly offside. Or the fact the player did then shoot.

Wannabe2

Diafol said:
I miss the days when players used to shoot during a PP.

Can I request that Gerhard aims at least one dart at the drum kit please ?
Or better still dart him in the car park, before he comes in.

Finny said:
I couldn't work out which was worse, fans shouting to shoot when we had two players clearly offside. Or the fact the player did then shoot.
At least the player waited until they were almost onside, whereas the fans started shouting when they were still near the goal line.

I wonder how many of the armchair coaches on this thread were shouting shoot at that time?

Finny said:
Have to say that cracked me up also. Wish the young women who sits behind me knew the rules just a little :DWD

voth26

perhaps if we put the bloody drummer in the oppostion nets the players would shoot :lol: he is seriously getting on my nerves