Signings and Departures - Cardiff Devils 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDom

Re: Re: Signings and Departures - Cardiff Devils 2011/12

ASHIPP said:
He's made no secret how passionate he is about becoming a professional firefighter - perhaps he feels it's time to do that now. I just hope that the Devils could offer him something he's happy with to sign for a couple more years and then persue his dream.
Couldn't the Devils arrange for him to have some work experience or something with the Fire Service over here? Any Fire-fighting Devils fans out there? :lol:

Can't agree more. Words can't describe how gutted I'd be if Tylor went elsewhere within the EIHL. He's such an asset to the team and epitomises what I feel the Devils to be and to have to watch games against would be sickening.

Fair play to him however if he wants to pursue other things outside hockey and good luck to him if he does.

DevilDom said:
ASHIPP said:
He's made no secret how passionate he is about becoming a professional firefighter - perhaps he feels it's time to do that now. I just hope that the Devils could offer him something he's happy with to sign for a couple more years and then persue his dream.
Couldn't the Devils arrange for him to have some work experience or something with the Fire Service over here? Any Fire-fighting Devils fans out there? :lol:
Got a mate that does volunteer firefighting as a second occupation. The idea of him using it as a work experience certainly seems viable. Think my mate does 3 nights a week for about 4 hours a night so I can't see that it would interfere with his hockey training/playing too much

PCS

Good news with Sam Smith, hope he can build on a great first season.Also a very good update article, Devils SEEM to be making some good progress with signings.

ASHIPP

Lp 1 said:
Does anyone know when the next lot of devils signing news is due?

Already nervous/exited to see what comes of this off season.
The club usually spreads this out over the off-season. Although we are all excited and anxious to hear news, there is a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes to get to that point.
It's possible we might hear about 1 player each week....but G will not announce anything definite until it's signed, sealed and delivered. Quite right too.

voth26

slightly off topic but still connected!! hope the club are going to sort visas out as we sign the imports :roll: :roll: would be good if all the guys were in before start first game if poss as well, give them time to settle in (wishfull thinking)

TheStub

Re: Re: Signings and Departures - Cardiff Devils 2011/12

Lp 1 said:
Yeah they might get some training in together before the start of the season this year :geek: hehe :lol:
I'll believe it when I see it.

Oh for a training camp :lol:

ASHIPP

G has all but confirmed in today's website article he and Franny are looking at the younger British players (some who they have been tracking for a while) who they feel can join the squad and make a big contribution as they develop. If they are at the talking stage, hopefully it shouldn't be too long before we hear some news. :?

DevilDom

After the sickening news of Tylor moving on we need something really good in the next few days.

I want Stu, Pelle and an ex-NHLer as a minimum! :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.